• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 15: @ UNC-ch - Wednesday 9pm- ACCN

This is not verified. He is posting RTQ stuff and is getting NIL money. He’s just redshirting. If he was transferring he could’ve left in December and be on another team right now.
Unfortunate given our lack of backcourt depth. Lucas Taylor is seeing zero minutes now that conference play has started.

He was okay. I liked that he was objective and praised UNC when appropriate without slobbering all over them like nearly every other announcer out there. I'm sure it wasn't easy for him to call a Wake loss on the road at UNC.
Yeah, I had no issue with Chill's announcing. Nice change from Cory Alexander, who rarely stops talking.

Yeah, I had no issue with Chill's announcing. Nice change from Cory Alexander, who rarely stops talking.
I thought Alexander sounded like a Chill fan-boy - he kept trying to make jokes and comments about Chill or about their past days playing together, etc. and Chill was just like, yeah, whatever dude...

I thought Alexander sounded like a Chill fan-boy - he kept trying to make jokes and comments about Chill or about their past days playing together, etc. and Chill was just like, yeah, whatever dude...
I think they're pretty tight, maybe too tight to be calling a game together.

A very obvious issue for our team is depth at the PG position. We seemingly need Ty to play at a high level for 38 minutes in order for us to compete. I question whether this is sustainable.

Jao should be the solution. He's the only possible solution on the roster. Is he still hurt? Is he rusty? Is he not an ACC-level player? Hopefully we see him soon, and he brings something positive to the table.

I thought Appleby got tired at the end of the game. He played very hard for a long time. Would love for Jao to provide some minutes and be a scorer.

The play where Marsh has it at the top of the key and tries to hand it off to a guard needs to be eliminated. At least twice it was easily broken up and stolen.

I thought the medical delay was going to cool off the hot shooting Heels but of course it didn’t work that way because Wake.

A very obvious issue for our team is depth at the PG position. We seemingly need Ty to play at a high level for 38 minutes in order for us to compete. I question whether this is sustainable.

Jao should be the solution. He's the only possible solution on the roster. Is he still hurt? Is he rusty? Is he not an ACC-level player? Hopefully we see him soon, and he brings something positive to the table.

Based 9n Fotbes comments post break and (lack of) playing time, Ituka isn't physically capable of playing at this time.

If I'm Forbes, PG is at the top of my portal watchers list.

Hildreth 2 points. He’s totally without talent on the offensive end. Davien can’t handle the ball or guard anybody. Just a spot up shooter from the corner. Outside of Appleby we have no guards. And yet Forbes sits Monsanto for a turnover when he has scored 3 straight possessions.
Monsanto needs to play. He’s one of so few with the upside we need on an offensively challenged team, and our defense is also better with his length out there.

But, I think he got benched for what happened before the turnover. He hit his pull-up jumper in the lane, then made the “too small” hand motion again. Forbes went nuts when he did it and a sub went to the table. Before going out, he then got beat on a back door cut and then had the turnover you mentioned.

The same thing happened at Wisconsin (they benched him and reamed him out) which I got to see live or I wouldn’t have been tuned into it.

Monsanto needs to play. He’s one of so few with the upside we need on an offensively challenged team, and our defense is also better with his length out there.

But, I think he got benched for what happened before the turnover. He hit his pull-up jumper in the lane, then made the “too small” hand motion again. Forbes went nuts when he did it and a sub went to the table. Before going out, he then got beat on a back door cut and then had the turnover you mentioned.

The same thing happened at Wisconsin (they benched him and reamed him out) which I got to see live or I wouldn’t have been tuned into it.
You could see Monsanto really drop his head when he got beat on the back door - he knew he screwed up... He is really effective when he is tuned in on defense and I really like the recent expansion of his game to add some off-the-dribble stuff and a mid-range game. That will just make his 3-point shooting that much more effective!

Based 9n Fotbes comments post break and (lack of) playing time, Ituka isn't physically capable of playing at this time.

If I'm Forbes, PG is at the top of my portal watchers list.
This lingering knee injury is not sounding good. I would be surprised if he played this season, at this point.

This lingering knee injury is not sounding good. I would be surprised if he played this season, at this point.

I could see the knee injury wiping out both this season and next, if he needs surgery to correct the problem.

I could see the knee injury wiping out both this season and next, if he needs surgery to correct the problem.
If surgery is needed then it’s past time to have it. He could’ve had it in November.

If surgery is needed then it’s past time to have it. He could’ve had it in November.

Reports are that rest and rehabilitation work have been tried so he could play this season. On court activities have so far shown this not to be working. Surgery seems to be the next option. That could keep him sidelined at least part of the 23-24 season.

Back