• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 15: @ UNC-ch - Wednesday 9pm- ACCN

Actually McCray is super athletic. Would love to see him in spot minutes.

He played better in the second half. Maybe I’m being too hard on him but was frustrating to watch tonight.
Did you watch Hildreth in the first half? Did you watch Davien try to handle the ball and defend Davis?

Damnit, drew the good UNC for the 2nd half. When they run the offense through Baycot and start hitting a bunch of 3's, they're damn good. Needed to take advantage of when they were bad in the first half, but only could manage a one point lead.

Lame, but predictable. Need to win the next 3 then equal the score with Clemson.

clem's son with a nice road win at the chokies tonight.

We don’t have a single “athlete” on this team besides Appleby and maybe Bobi, but he’s far too raw to be effective. And, unfortunately, we don’t play fundamentally sound enough to overcome lack of athleticism.
I said this earlier but this is the least athletic Wake team I can remember. Usually I’d say we are one of the most athletic teams in the conference.

Every dribble Carr takes is a detriment to our chances
He’s not a good one on one player. He and Hildreth backing players down needs to be limited to mismatches. Hildreth backing down Black was comical.

I mean saying he’s awful is a stretch and frankly unfair. He certainly is not.
Dude. I posted during the game, after a shitty play that helped solidify a loss, that he was awful. You and some others made some good points and I reconsidered and said I was frustrated, would rethink. Not sure what else you want on a message board.

The bench:
F 6-9 Puff Johnson: missed first 3 games; has yet to make an impact; 3 ppg and 2 rpg; played 4 minutes
F 6-7 Tyler Nickel: frosh; 3 rpg; 1 rpg; 25% from 3; didn't play
G 6-3 Seth Trimble: frosh; 4 star; top 50; disappointing; 91 O rating; 2 ppg; 3/2 assist/to ratio; 11 pts (4-4 fg, 3-4 ft) in 22 min

F 6-8 Justin McCoy (UVa transfer): 2 pts, 2 reb, 2 blk in 17 min

Bacot, Love, and Davis played 38 minutes.

Dude. I posted during the game, after a shitty play that helped solidify a loss, that he was awful. You and some others made some good points and I reconsidered and said I was frustrated, would rethink. Not sure what else you want on a message board.
Thank you.

McCray is redshirting the rest of the season and intends to transfer from Wake. That one still stings. We never got the chance to see what he could do for a full game. It sucks.
Where was it announced he plans to transfer? Forbes’ quotes after the UGA game when it was announced do not indicate that at all.

I think I saw Cam’s dad in the stands. Sucks he had a bad game in front of him. Seemed like he got rattled by some early fouls and never recovered. Plus Leaky guarding him was a tough draw.

McCray is redshirting the rest of the season and intends to transfer from Wake. That one still stings. We never got the chance to see what he could do for a full game. It sucks.
Damn that sucks. I was so excited to see him play. I will be a fan wherever he goes. Thanks for the info, I had wondered why he wasn't seeing the court and our rotation was so small. Thanks for sticking it out with us Rob.

This needs to stop being posted. Isn't this the same guy talking about our football players leaving. McCray is still shown quite a bit in Wake media posts. He may be redshirting but unless you know something others don't, no indication yet he's transferring.

I stopped watching with about 3 minutes left. Just can't watch a team that commits that many turnovers.

Someone tell me how many points they scored off of our turnovers.

If this guy can't recruit and can't coach, then for what are we paying him?

What's his buyout?

Maybe it's just me because it was them who I hate so much, but this was not good.

Last edited:
Think a lot of the angst here is due to it being UNC. I absolutely detest losing to them in anything but this game doesn't have me worried. Clean up the turnovers and we beat them in Winston.

Deacons played tough for 30 minutes leading 64-63 until there was an extended stoppge in play for a medical issue in the stands. Over the next 3:36 the Deacs committed three turnovers and were outscored 12-3. Ballgame. They never got closer than 6 down thereafter. The primary problems were a lack of second half defense, evidenced by UNC shooting 60%/50%/83% and points off turnovers. When an opponent scores 32 points off 15 turnovers, for a 32-8 disadvantage, you can kiss victory goodbye. A lot of stupid and careless by the starting lineup.

I stopped watching with about 3 minutes left. Just can't watch a team that commits that many turnovers.

Someone tell me how many points they scored off of our turnovers.

If this guy can't recruit and can't coach, then for what are we paying him?

What's his buyout?

Maybe it's just me because it was them who I hate so much, but this was not good.

Back