• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 17: WF plays the most under-performing program - Duke Wed. 7 pm ACCN

When are the ref assignments announced? Very curious who the ACC has lined up to ensure Coach K doesn't get two straight losses in his farewell season.

Good morning to everyone but the Duke basketball program

Recruiting is the most important part of the game. If you recruit awesome and "underperform" and still kick Wake's ass for decades, that's called being better than Wake.

Wake sucks because we choose to suck. We choose not to prioritize our facilities and our basketball team. We chose football. And the results were predictable.

Recruiting is the most important part of the game. If you recruit awesome and "underperform" and still kick Wake's ass for decades, that's called being better than Wake.

Wake sucks because we choose to suck. We choose not to prioritize our facilities and our basketball team. We chose football. And the results were predictable.

Preseason top 10 predictions?

I'm confused. Is it recruiting, facilities, or hiring unproven coaches that should take priority?

It certainly seems as though we are prioritizing basketball now. I don't see why we can't be good at both.

I'm confused. Is it recruiting, facilities, or hiring unproven coaches that should take priority?

Why are you confused? You are only as strong as your weakest link in any business. This is particularly true in something like ACC basketball where your competition is firing on all cylinders.

The mentality that we should choose and invest in only one aspect of the program is classic Wake Forest thinking. We suck because of us. We aren't very smart.

And you all knew I couldn't resist.

It certainly seems as though we are prioritizing basketball now. I don't see why we can't be good at both.

Of course, WF can be good at both. Look at Baylor (the reigning hoop champs just won the Big 12 in football, Sugar Bowl and finished #5 in the Final AP poll).

Complete loser mentality to strain to pit basketball v. football. They, actually can build off each other. Why do you think Clawson is hosting elite Class of 23 prospect day on January 22? Not a coincidence that WF hosts UNC that day, and there will be a great buzz at the game.

It's a high bar, but that may be your most hilarious post yet.

The ACC has been the best conference this generation. Are they this week or this month? Not performance wise. But over the long haul, they have proven to be the best.

And with good reason, their programs generally don't accept subpar stadiums, coaches, and support their school. Boston College and Wake are really the only exception.

Since Boston College joined the league, they have been to both the Sweet 16 and the Conference Championship game. We have done neither. We are alone in the all-time program suck category.

But, hey, a Duke walk on got a DWI. So that makes Duke bad people and us somehow justified in choosing to suck.

as long as Clemson is in the ACC, we are not all alone in the all time program suck category. The Gamecocks have more ACC basketball championships than Clemson does and they left in 1971.

as long as Clemson is in the ACC, we are not all alone in the all time program suck category. The Gamecocks have more ACC basketball championships than Clemson does and they left in 1971.

Clemson has been to the Sweet 16 and the ACC Championship game since we have. They also have been to more NCAA tournaments than us the last 20. Way more.

And the last 30 years before that the schools are fairly similar in NCAA appearences and sweet 16.

Clemson basketball is horrific historically. They are commiserate with us over the last 50 years and way better the last 15.

The only P5 schools that are arguably as bad as us historically are Northwestern, Oregon State, & Ole Miss.

Ron Wellman ruined our basketball program and I believe Currie will do his best to fix it.

We’re 13-3 right now, dr

We’ve had quite a few years like that. If the seasons ended after the first 16 games, we would be one of the all-time great hoops schools!

I’d love to see us get better. The way that begins is recognizing our problems and fixing all the things we’ve done to cause them. I am a big John Currie fan. He is doing all he can and I believe will keep pushing until he gets yes on a new stadium and then, if Forbes doesn’t work, he won’t tarry and waste years under some farce “you can’t fire someone” a La Wellman. Hiring John Currie was a great decision.

Forbes is a great coach to have with the recent NCAA loosening of transfer rules. As Forbes said, he has 11 years of dealing with massive annual roster turnover. He doesn't like it but he knows how to manage it. The job he did for this season is a good indicator.

Forbes is a great coach to have with the recent NCAA loosening of transfer rules. As Forbes said, he has 11 years of dealing with massive annual roster turnover. He doesn't like it but he knows how to manage it. The job he did for this season is a good indicator.

I agree with this very much. Forbes is running a revolving door JUCO/transfer circus in a tractor pull monstrosity of a civic arena. And frankly, to get from where we were to the middle part of the league that’s what we need in this era.

alone-lonely.gif

Back