• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 19: #19 Clemson Tigers @ LJVM -- Tuesday 9pm - Regional Sports Networks (ESPN+)

That corridor was amazing in the 90s - Baity’s, Ziggy’s, Freddie B’s
The second version of Tavern On The Green was in that corridor in the 70's. Not sure when it closed, but I'm pretty sure it's a vacant lot today.

The second version of Tavern On The Green was in that corridor in the 70's. Not sure when it closed, but I'm pretty sure it's a vacant lot today.
Is that where Cactus Jack's used to be? Like right on the corner of Deacon Blvd and Coliseum? If so, we tailgated on that lot for the Army game when the fair displaced us from our normal lot.

Freddie B's had 5 (or 6) dollars all you can drink draft beer on Wednesdays while I was in college, it was glorious. Get there early and hoard some pitchers to refill before it got crowded was the pro move.

Also saw a guy get his head dented by a pool cue one time during a fight. I didn't know a head could do that.

they still do concerts at the Millennium Center? I recall Ziggy's used to book shows there when I was in school. Recall seeing Gov't Mule there.

If you won't pay $15 for one month of bally's or even use the free trial week to watch this game, when you can't attend, then I don't think you should really get to comment on the program. You don't really care.

True fan alert!

Bally's means that I have to wait for the replay.
The 9pm start means that I'll be getting up early in the morning to watch that replay.

I'm sure I could figure out a way to use somebody else's login (for ESPN or Bally's or Comcast) to watch it live, but I think I can avoid the result until morning.

VPN + ESPN app

Is that where Cactus Jack's used to be? Like right on the corner of Deacon Blvd and Coliseum? If so, we tailgated on that lot for the Army game when the fair displaced us from our normal lot.
No, it was two lots closer to the stadium than Last Resort.

If you won't pay $15 for one month of bally's or even use the free trial week to watch this game, when you can't attend, then I don't think you should really get to comment on the program. You don't really care.
Just about any sports bar will have it as well so if you're sworn off cable and live in another part of the country go buy a beer or six and enjoy the game

OK, I'll pretend to do this. Just so nobody questions my commitment to the program.;

Then I'll get up at 5am and watch the replay like I was planning on doing anyway.

And nobody will be the wiser.

Something doesn’t fit here

Clemson is already 2 games ahead of WF and has a much easier remaining ACC schedule.

A big part of that easier schedule is a H&H with FSU - we'll see whether FSU can improve enough to cause Clemson problems, particularly at FSU
I mean that the first post said the KP projections would change if Wake wins, but then apparently KP already expects Wake to win - so us finishing at 11-9 in 8th place seems to assume we are winning this game?

OK, I'll pretend to do this. Just so nobody questions my commitment to the program.;

Then I'll get up at 5am and watch the replay like I was planning on doing anyway.

And nobody will be the wiser.
i have foiled your plan by quoting this. MWAHAHAHAHA

I mean that the first post said the KP projections would change if Wake wins, but then apparently KP already expects Wake to win - so us finishing at 11-9 in 8th place seems to assume we are winning this game?
KP projects a 1 point WF win which means the winner of the game is about a 50/50 proposition. Each team's overall record to finish the season depends on the percentage chance to win the remaining games. For example, if a team has six games left and there is a 66% chance to win each game (so, they are the projected winner of each individual game), that team would be projected to go 4-2 to finish the season, not 6-0.

Schieffelin appears so unathletic but seems to get things done. I feel like he gave us some trouble at Clemson. He has a very punchable face and Duke-esque attitude. I'd very much like someone to take him out.

KP projects a 1 point WF win which means the winner of the game is about a 50/50 proposition. Each team's overall record to finish the season depends on the percentage chance to win the remaining games. For example, if a team has six games left and there is a 66% chance to win each game (so, they are the projected winner of each individual game), that team would be projected to go 4-2 to finish the season, not 6-0.
While this makes sense, it seems like 11-9 has a 50/50 shot on this game baked into it, so if we win, it wouldn't seem to move that projection much. Anyway - I'm not good at stats so i'll just accept that you and Ken Pom have given this much more thought than i have, so I believe you.

Back