• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 19: @ UNC - Monday 7pm - ESPN

This is badass. I think damari’s return has energized our team. Vibes.
I suspect the team has watched him shoot threes by himself and make like 7/10. Maybe even over a stationary defender. And his stroke is so clean.

Everyone that can should go to this game. Has potential to be memorable.

The following comes from before Wake moved to W-S. Lambda Chi's still sang it while I was in school:

"Far beyond the Durham ditches there's a place called Hell, and 10,000 sons of bitches call it Chapel Hill.

For it's piss on Carolina-lina, piss on Carolina-lina, piss on Carolina, piss, piss, piss"

I always want Wake to beat UNC but I really fucking want it tonight! My fucking brother is a Walmart tarhole as is my MiL.

Oh man. That would be great if I could pull it off. Can you believe that 3OT game was over 20 years ago?
This is the last game in Chapel Hill I went to. Arguably the biggest regular season basketball memory that I have, outside of the tears I cried when we retired Randolph Childress' jersey.

I was in high school and had some little douchey Carolina fan pick a fight with me in front of my girlfriend at the time. Given I was surrounded by 20k rednecks and an ugly blue color, I took the high road and walked away.

At the end of the game, I went behind the wake bench to celebrate with the team and lo and behold. There was that douche Carolina fan with his mom. His mom pointed to me and the next thing I know that kid is walking up towards me extending his hand telling me great game and that he apologizes for how he acted at halftime.

It doesn't get too much better than a triple overtime win in Chapel Hill.

Let's get it done tonight Boys& girls.

Huge upside, no downside game.

9 day break after this, Damari back - it's time to give it everything we've got and try to pull off a really big upset that would propel us very much to the correct side of the bubble.

Reid has to stay out of foul trouble, and we're going to need to shoot 40% from 3 (they are allowing opponents under 25% so far this year in conference play).

Parker and Damari need to be ready to catch, shoot, and make.

Let's get it.

This is the last game in Chapel Hill I went to. Arguably the biggest regular season basketball memory that I have, outside of the tears I cried when we retired Randolph Childress' jersey.

I was in high school and had some little douchey Carolina fan pick a fight with me in front of my girlfriend at the time. Given I was surrounded by 20k rednecks and an ugly blue color, I took the high road and walked away.

At the end of the game, I went behind the wake bench to celebrate with the team and lo and behold. There was that douche Carolina fan with his mom. His mom pointed to me and the next thing I know that kid is walking up towards me extending his hand telling me great game and that he apologizes for how he acted at halftime.

It doesn't get too much better than a triple overtime win in Chapel Hill.

Let's get it done tonight Boys& girls.
Same. Best Wake game I have ever seen, and I was at the game the following year.

Back