• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 19: @ UNC - Monday 7pm - ESPN

I'd say he stays between 10-15 minutes. Maybe with our break after this get him to 15-20 for the rest of the season?

FWIW, Monsanto played in both games against UNC last year:

January 4th in a 88-79 loss: Monsanto 29 minutes 17 points 3 for 8 from three 7 boards
February 7th in a 92-85 win; Monsanto 33 minutes 16 points 3 for 9 from three 7 boards

BTW, I had forgotten that in last year's WF win at home; the Deacs were up big the entire 2nd half; so, with about 3+ minutes to go, UNC decided to foul on every possession. WF ended up shooting 42 FTs. Because he was handling the ball the most, Tyree went 23 for 28 from the line in that game.

He's played three games against UNC and shot 26 3's (lol). Made 9 of them, which is actually well under his career average. Let's see another 4/6 game to even it out.

Most importantly - new Wake Forest commercial debuting tonight!! What could go wrong?

Praise Jebus...but if whoever is responsible for the last travesty and keeping it running for the last several years is still associated with the new commercial, I have little faith. That person should be unemployable.

There was an old joke my dad used to tell that I’ll butcher here.

For god so loved the Tar Heels, he made the sky light blue
But he thought to himself, “there must be something more than I could do”
Something, something about picking UNC for the birth of Jesus
So down he went to Chapel Hill with all the alumni’s urging
But alas, he could not find 3 wise men and a virgin

#3 UNC. Wake got no votes.

May have two tickets in section 206 and a parking pass available pending results of my wife’s Covid test. Send me a pm if you have interest. Happy to sell them below what’s listed on the secondary markets if it goes to a Wake fan.

The years have not been kind to Hubert since that photo.

As a resident of the fine town on Chapel Hill, doing my part to help the Deacs by not going tonight as I have never seen them win in the Dean Dome. Carolina nation is very confident but they fully know the Deacons are for real and they remember Monsanto dropping 3s 2 years ago in the Joel. I was with a bunch of holes that night at a party and they were just pissed and still talk about it. Art Chansky's local radio monologue called out how lucky they are to get us in CH and not WS. FWIW, Hubert is a good dude and while I will never pull for UNC ex versus Kentucky and Duke, he's solid and nothing like Roy or Dean. Should be a good game....

Limit turnovers. Reid avoid stupid fouls. Feed the hot hands. Get this dub.

Back