• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 19: @ UNC - Monday 7pm - ESPN

We lost on the road in conference to Carolina , who is undefeated. NC State who is 5-2 , and got blown out by UNC and FSU who is now 5 - 2 also. The games we are desperate to win are all if our home games and pick up some road wins. The State game is the one that really hurt in my mind we had a good chance to pick up a tough road win.
If the goal is NCAAT, we need a Quad one win. Losing v. Georgia, Utah, LSU, FSU. That’s what made us have to win at State. Lose that, have to win at Carolina. Barring two wins v. Duke, we’re done.

We lost on the road in conference to Carolina , who is undefeated. NC State who is 5-2 , and got blown out by UNC and FSU who is now 5 - 2 also. The games we are desperate to win are all if our home games and pick up some road wins. The State game is the one that really hurt in my mind we had a good chance to pick up a tough road win.
I am jealous of this mindset. I long to be you

Yeah schedule really screws us this year, 3 times we have back to back road games, only once do we have back to back home game. And that's the last 2. Better figure it out quick coach

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Still a shot to pull a carolina from a couple years ago and get hot at the right time. Got to start it now though. Unfortunately Pitt is a must win

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Forbes said we need to fix our defensive transition in the post game and I’d like to see how we address this. I actually prefer man v. man defense a lot more than zone, but I have no idea why we don’t show some different looks on D. It’s the same shit over and over. Davis had open floaters all game long on a little curl from Bacot and we never adjusted to try to stop it. I don’t get it.

Forbes: "No answers for Davis. Did a great job on Bacot with 5 pts. We need to fix defensive transition."

Defense was an issue. Clearly. Occasionally you run into a hot shooter.

But we looked like straight up dog shit on offense against unc and nc state in the second half. That's a bigger issue. Losing is one thing. Looking like shit is more concerning.

Second half was a fucking disaster. Again.

We actually rebounded well I thought, so there was that.

Boopie has been abused the last couple games and made to look really, really small.

Our offense is stuck in quicksand right now, if you can even call it an offense. Zero movement or passing, nobody making cuts to help anybody out. We are much closer right now to having a COUPLE bad losses in games we need to win than we are to getting an upset win.

The good news is I must've missed whatever shitty commercial we made for this game so I can't complain about that.

Nice movie about Pro Humanitate, and whatnot, but we are now 47th in the rankings! Rings kinda stupid to me.

I can’t decide if people aren’t following how the system works or they’re just delusional levels of optimistic.
jeez give it a rest. we can still make the tournament. good time for a break.

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

jeez give it a rest. we can still make the tournament. good time for a break.

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk
I don’t need a break but thanks for using that one against me. I’m not not calm. People keep posting that we can just move forward and go to the tournament and I’m rationally responding trying to figure out how they think that happens.

We have eight days off for Forbes to figure out a new rotation with Monsanto (and Ituka) and for the guys to grow a fucking pair and figure out what they need to do to win road games. That’s all I got right now. The game @Pitt will be very telling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand how the system works. But I also realize that it looks like everybody wil lose at UNC this year. Have to split with Duke and Pitt and win out. Hopefully pick up a win or two in the ACC tournament. That would put us at 23-8. Then we need 2 wins in the tournament. It just sux that we could not have Monsanto and Reid from the get go

Back