• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 19: @ UNC - Monday 7pm - ESPN

We didn’t win the games we were supposed to. That’s why we were desperate for this one. I admire the “just move on” people but what are you moving on to?
Well the good part is if you don’t want to “ just move on”, you got 9 great days to stew over it. 😂

18 of our wins were q3 and q4 2 years ago. that was impossible to overcome.

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

I admire the "let's keep it positive" vibe but the odds of this team making the tournament are slim. At some point over-the-top optimism is as meaningless as over-the-top pessimism.

I like Forbes and am glad he's here. There are clear trends that should concern anybody but I trust he'll work out the kinks and keep elevating the program. It's still only year three if you don't count the Covid year and I don't. He also had a lot on his mind last summer and I don't begrudge him one minute of the time he spent taking care of family. I will chalk this up to a tough night on the road against the AP #3. Onward we go.

He actually didn’t say this…we lost to effing BC and were a 2 seed in the NIT

Wrong, oh yes he did say it:

Forbes: "I never, in my wildest dreams, would’ve thought we’d win 13 and not get in.”

Feels a lot like the logic around the 2021-2022 team…we’ll definitely make it if we are 13-7 in the ACC! Then we didn’t.
Same. Just can’t have losses to LSU & UGa when the rest of the non-con has NJIT & Delaware St. Best win is Florida & best loss is Utah.

Kind of shocked at the spread in this game. Did we stop them ever in the second half? Also, I don’t think I understand what garners a foul anymore. They knocked the ever loving crap out of us and rarely drew a whistle. Knock them back if that flies, come on.

we have alot of winnable road games coming down the stretch. we just gotta win them.

18 of our wins were q3 and q4 2 years ago. that was impossible to overcome.

Yep, lost to a bad Oregon St team. Lost to a bad LSU team. Lost @ Louisville early, then dropped a tough game @ Miami so we start off 0-2. Losing a 10 pt lead with 6 to go vs BC in tourney was the final blow. And ACC did no favors by being mediocre in Nov/Dec.
IIRC even UVa didn’t make it by starting with a home loss to Navy & road loss @ JMU.

This year conference is roughly 12-18 against SEC.

Have been waiting for the “blame the strength and conditioning program” to fill my post-loss bingo card. So I’ll go ahead and mention it. Our teams sure seem to get “out-physicaled” a lot against comparable (or superior) talent. Any problems there too?!

Hasn’t updated but for what it’s worth Torvik had us at 54.7% prior to this game. Maybe I’m still being too optimistic, but as long as we take care of business and split with Duke and beat Clemson with no other losses we have a reasonable chance of being in. As much as I hate to admit it Carolina very well may win the whole thing this year. I know the margin wasn’t 20, but we weren’t supposed to win this game. Like I said after Tuesday— I really think this just narrows our margin of error. Maybe I’m kidding myself. But, maintain course, and I think we’ll end up where we need to be.

sucks ass that a majority of our road games are on 2 or 3 days rest.

sucks ass that a majority of our road games are on 2 or 3 days rest.

If you play most Saturdays and then either Tuesday or Wednesday (2 Mondays), isn’t every game played on 2 or 3 days rest?
They have 9 days until the next road game and huge opportunity to shift the season projections if they can eventually sweep Pitt.

If you play most Saturdays and then either Tuesday or Wednesday (2 Mondays), isn’t every game played on 2 or 3 days rest?
They have 9 days until the next road game and huge opportunity to shift the season projections if they can eventually sweep Pitt.
I meant 1 or 2 days rest sorry. 6 of our 10 conference road games.

?

Wrong, oh yes he did say it:

Forbes: "I never, in my wildest dreams, would’ve thought we’d win 13 and not get in.”
But then he said we needed to beat BC and didn’t. You are taking this out of context but he knows and admitted we didn’t take care of business at the end of the season. Wake fans sometimes plays the victim card way too much. We weren’t even the first 4 out. we didn’t give them a reason to take us.

Back