• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 19: @ UNC - Monday 7pm - ESPN

lol at the idea that if we go 10-2 the rest of the way that we would be on the bubble.

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

We would end up at 23-8 and 13-7 in the ACC. Which is almost the same record we had in 2022 and ended up in the NIT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We would end up at 23-8 and 13-7 in the ACC. Which is almost the same record we had in 2022 and ended up in the NIT.

Would actually be 23-8 and 15-5. That would almost certainly be a 2nd place finish and absolute lock to dance.

I think you miscalculated. 10-2 the rest of the way would put us at 15-5 in the ACC. Using Bartorviks teamcast feature, assuming those two losses are @Duke and @UVA/VT, we would be an 8 seed in the NCAAT. Not saying that will happen, but in this hypothetical, we would be well in the field.

But then he said we needed to beat BC and didn’t. You are taking this out of context but he knows and admitted we didn’t take care of business at the end of the season. Wake fans sometimes plays the victim card way too much. We weren’t even the first 4 out. we didn’t give them a reason to take us.
Correct. I don’t remember many on here being too surprised we were left out of the tournament on selection Sunday, particularly after the 💩 show loss to BC. Now the argument shifted as the tournament went on to “we shouldn’t have been left out” etc.

Hopefully, we can regroup in next 9 days, beat Pitt and get on a run/have a great February. We are better than we looked tonight and UNC is the best team we will face this season.

I was in attendance tonight, and they were physically stronger than us at every position on the floor (save for Efton holding his own against Bacot). This will be the third season in a row that our inability to win road games will keep us out of the tournament. We have plateaued at pretty good, but tonight was pretty damning across the board. Here’s hoping for something better (finally) in 2025.

again 18 of those 23 wins were q3 and q4. we are at 8 right now and we would have 3 more. big difference.

Cam does look hurt and his performance level has clearly dropped. Maybe that should be a hint to cut his minutes a bit or have him play more of a distributor role. Instead he spent the first 8 minutes of the second half trying to drive to the basket and throwing up wild step backs every time he touched the ball. It’s nonsensical and he never gets pulled for doing dumb shit.
I was in the Dean Dome tonight, and was screaming at Coach to sub Cam out of the game from 12 minute mark until the 6 minute mark. He plays his heart out, but I think his injury is bothering him more than he is letting on. He shouldn't be shooting from further than 4 or 5 ft away from the basket, much less throwing us bullshit heave shots. Given the options, Carolina wanted Cam to take the shots that he took (and Boopie for that matter), because they were low percentage shots, and he obliged. We had no ball movement tonight, especially in the 2nd half. Felt almost like a repeat of the 2nd half of the State game last week (with Carr being able to keep us close).

Against UNC, you never help off of RJ Davis. Let anyone else on their team take a 3pt shot, even wide open - but not him. His 3's got it going. Cadeau should be dared to shoot the outside shot. We were forcing him off the 3-point line and instead gave up 5 or 6 layups. Not sure if that was our intent or not, but if it was, then we need to rethink that strategy. If we can't stay in front of someone, then we need to try something else defensively, like a zone or a box & 1 (on RJ). The officiating was not great, but not awful. We did a pretty good job on the FT line. It just felt like we let them dictate who they wanted to take the shot on our team, rather than us running a play for who we wanted to take the shot. I guess that is what good teams do defensively. If that is the definition of a good defensive team, then we are definitely not a good defensive team yet.

Hope coach can spend the next 9 days teaching some offensive sets where we can get off the shot that we want to take by the player that we want to take it. And he will work on some defensive schemes to use that might be able to stop the floater from 6 feet and the blow-by layups. Finally, I hope that he also realizes that he has at least 9 or 10 good players on the team and when one of them is struggling on any given night, that his assistant coachadvises him that whoever it is (Cam, Sallis, Boopie, Damari, or Parker) especially after the 3rd or 4th miss in a row, that they are sitting next to him on the bench. Some nights you just don't have it --- and the coach must realize that or we won't be successful.

Didn't really believe we were going to come away with the win, but also know that we are a lot better than what we have shown in the 2nd halves of our last two road games. Just very disappointed by tonight's effort by the Deacs.

Boopie so far is a big fall off from Applebee. gets sped up and then shaky w the ball. Once he gets to the paint he has no option other than to throw it up hoping to get fouled. I too didn’t necessarily think we would win but did think we’d fight hard and keep the game competitive, be within striking distance in the last 5 minutes. After a couple minutes of the second half it was over and you could see the let down in each player. I feel for them because it sucks to just be boat raced and nothing you can do to stop it.

Boopie so far is a big fall off from Applebee. gets sped up and then shaky w the ball. Once he gets to the paint he has no option other than to throw it up hoping to get fouled.
Would really like it, if he would watch game film from Appleby last year, and learn how to throw the alley-oop to Efton, Carr, Marsh or Keller.

lol at the idea that if we go 10-2 the rest of the way that we would be on the bubble.

No we wouldn't be on the bubble i dont think, But the bigger question? Can we go 10-2 with all the road games we have left? I'm hoping with every game Demari can play more and more mins and these guys can figure out how to not lay the hell down in the 2nd half, I have no dout we will be leading in every road game left at halftime though so there's that

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I was in the Dean Dome tonight, and was screaming at Coach to sub Cam out of the game from 12 minute mark until the 6 minute mark. He plays his heart out, but I think his injury is bothering him more than he is letting on. He shouldn't be shooting from further than 4 or 5 ft away from the basket, much less throwing us bullshit heave shots. Given the options, Carolina wanted Cam to take the shots that he took (and Boopie for that matter), because they were low percentage shots, and he obliged. We had no ball movement tonight, especially in the 2nd half. Felt almost like a repeat of the 2nd half of the State game last week (with Carr being able to keep us close).

Against UNC, you never help off of RJ Davis. Let anyone else on their team take a 3pt shot, even wide open - but not him. His 3's got it going. Cadeau should be dared to shoot the outside shot. We were forcing him off the 3-point line and instead gave up 5 or 6 layups. Not sure if that was our intent or not, but if it was, then we need to rethink that strategy. If we can't stay in front of someone, then we need to try something else defensively, like a zone or a box & 1 (on RJ). The officiating was not great, but not awful. We did a pretty good job on the FT line. It just felt like we let them dictate who they wanted to take the shot on our team, rather than us running a play for who we wanted to take the shot. I guess that is what good teams do defensively. If that is the definition of a good defensive team, then we are definitely not a good defensive team yet.

Hope coach can spend the next 9 days teaching some offensive sets where we can get off the shot that we want to take by the player that we want to take it. And he will work on some defensive schemes to use that might be able to stop the floater from 6 feet and the blow-by layups. Finally, I hope that he also realizes that he has at least 9 or 10 good players on the team and when one of them is struggling on any given night, that his assistant coachadvises him that whoever it is (Cam, Sallis, Boopie, Damari, or Parker) especially after the 3rd or 4th miss in a row, that they are sitting next to him on the bench. Some nights you just don't have it --- and the coach must realize that or we won't be successful.

Didn't really believe we were going to come away with the win, but also know that we are a lot better than what we have shown in the 2nd halves of our last two road games. Just very disappointed by tonight's effort by the Deacs.
We certainly cannot guard anybody. It could be that we just need better players, could be the bolded.

If y'all want to place the responsibility for that somewhere other than the coaching staff, I'd like to hear it.

Right now, I don't think this team is going anywhere. Change is likely not probable. I hope that I'm wrong.

I think we need to do a little better on which guards we want to rush off the 3 point line and which ones we want to dare to be us from 3. Would love to also get a year where we stay healthy. Cam was having a good year and right now Monsanto is limited on minutes and not 100 %.

Huge blow to our chances. I think we were 40% chance going into game. Prob around 20-25% now. 9-3 is absolutely best case scenario. Would need to win 2 games in tournament. I just don’t see it. Wouldn’t be surprised if we lose out on the road
Boopie is absolutely done
Cam has become a detriment - and was heading that way before the injury
We need Monsanto to catch fire and Ituka to give us 15-25 solid minutes at PG

Forbes on Boopie: "N.C. State, Florida State, they’ve got big guards. … He hasn’t played great the last couple of games, but he’s gonna be fine. I’ve gotta help him. I’ve gotta do a good job of coaching him."

He's got 9 days before the next game, so there's that.

Back