• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 20: UVA @ LJVM - Saturday 2pm - ESPNU

What in the world are y’all talking about. My parents know damn well I wouldn’t root for them in any sort of H2H matchup. Hell they raised me like that. It’s not like Tony Bennett is some upstart coach trying to make it. He’ll still be fine laying in his bed made of millions of dollars tonight if he loses this game.
Ok. That’s you dude. Lol.

If Bennett’s daughter rooted for UVA today she can go ahead and transfer there to finish up her degree.
Who cares? Good God we really like to find the most random and most meaningless shit to bitch about on this message board when we lose a basketball game. Whatever helps y’all explain it away and sleep better at night I suppose, but….just wow.

#RealTalk the big downside of the portal model is that your stars are less protected. We saw it with Alondes and now we see it with Appleby. If both those guys had played their whole career with ACC refs they would be getting to the line a thousand times a game. Ty gets thrown around like a rag doll with hard hits and screens every single game.
Forbes will eventually help get those calls for his team.

Anybody know why Appleby being thrown down didn't warrant at least a review for flagrant foul? Seems like the ball handler extended his arm in a "non-basketball move" manner.

We just back from the game. Great crowd (especially the students). I was a bit surprised there weren't more Hoos there today.

What's this shit about people flipping off our student section? Is there a photo of that or was it on the TV broadcast?

Anybody know why Appleby being thrown down didn't warrant at least a review for flagrant foul? Seems like the ball handler extended his arm in a "non-basketball move" manner.
The time that Clark grabbed his arm on the blow by for what should have been his 5th foul or one of the other 10 times?

Virginia had 6 players shot 3s in this game and they all shot over 40% except for Franklin who was 5 for 13 and took several contested and at the end of the shot clock 3s.
Why do we always provide help D outside the 3pt line leaving shooters open. We give up 100 of these a game.

Last edited:
Just got back home from the game. Refs sucked and that is not a biased opinion. they were very hot from 3 and Tyree did not have one of his better games. We made a good come back but they were lighting it up. Cam and Monsanto played great

Wish Forbes would uses his TOs. In a huge game at home and a 17-0 run in 1st half and you only use one TO all half? There will always be runs in games, but you can’t allow a 17-0 run in any game or you are probably done. Should have used a couple during that stretch to stem the tide and change mo.

The defense is a serious problem across the board. We are a tournament team offensively and sitting at like Radford level on defense

You're the numbers guy. So expand on this..
But uva only shot 40% from the field. That will often get it done. Just not when they shoot 44% from deep.

I thought something may have clicked with Monsanto in the latter half of the game defensively on Franklin.

Back