• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 22: NC State Wolfpack @ LJVM: Saturday 1 pm: ACCN

The problem with the 1pm start on Saturday is that the game has the potential to ruin my entire weekend just as it’s getting going.
I’m going to a rare and vintage beer festival from 3-6 tomorrow. Feel like the timing will be good as drinking will likely be required either way.

That's better than waiting all day for a night game though.

Honestly, I think we blow State out by 15-20. Good old fashioned ass kicking.
Only if State's guards don't hit a high or even average % of threes.

I think we get the win over a good State team and get some of that swagger back heading to Duke. Things can change really quickly in sports. We win those two and everyone is going to be fired up.
Yep, 2-0 would put us on the right side of the bubble and energize the team and fans. Winning in Cameron just seems like such an impossible feat, but I think this year is the year.

Yep, 2-0 would put us on the right side of the bubble and energize the team and fans. Winning in Cameron just seems like such an impossible feat, but I think this year is the year.
Yea, agreed. We'll win @Duke one of these years (hopefully?), but this team just has too many weaknesses to make me at all confident that we could pull that off this year.

First time in Winston tomorrow since 2008! :cool:

Any recommendations for dinner/breweries/cool or fun things to do or see after the game ?
Wiseman, Fiddlin'Fish and Incendiary are all fun times. If it's nice enough weather, go to Incendiary and eat pizza at Cugino Forno next door. Those would be my recs

Fiddlin' Fish is right next to a distillery, so after eating some pizza you could head there and check that out.

Also, not sure if you're looking for music, but Earl's, which is right by those breweries I mentioned, will have a band Saturday night. The Ramkat, which is right across from Earls will have a band, and if you venture out to Clemmons there's a new bar called the Playground, which is slated to have a really good band Saturday as well.

Winston has stepped up it's brewery, bars, food, and music game big time since 2008.

Also, not sure if you're looking for music, but Earl's, which is right by those breweries I mentioned, will have a band Saturday night. The Ramkat, which is right across from Earls will have a band, and if you venture out to Clemmons there's a new bar called the Playground, which is slated to have a really good band Saturday as well.

Winston has stepped up it's brewery, bars, food, and music game big time since 2008.
Awesome!! Appreciate all these reccs! Yeah I've heard a lot of good things - so excited. #BeatState

Our big Marsh needs to not allow that nonsense, slow, "old school" crap and not get pushed around.

Must win - get mentally prepared to dominate, starting now.

Back