• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 22: NC State Wolfpack @ LJVM: Saturday 1 pm: ACCN

If you think having a 6’3” guard spending 20+ seconds of the shot clock dribbling frequently looking to get a shot off in the lane against guys 5 to 9 inches taller and more athletic than him is a recipe for success against good teams than I don’t know what to say. Look I’ve got nothing against Hildreth, just the role either Forbes has asked him to play or the role he’s taken upon himself to play.

I do absolutely agree the biggest problem is defense. We seem incapable of playing good defense for at best half a game (like yesterday) or at worst the whole game.
Watch out. You can’t talk about Hildreth in a negative way on this board.

Some of ya'll are hilarious. These are college kids. We aren't going to score every time. And it's not going to always be pretty. But we have a really good offense. That's objective stuff. And honestly, with our overall lack of athleticism, it's impressive.
But the D. Whew boy. We are lol bad on D.

The MBB team was ranked in the preseason Top 25 and made it as high as #10 in the country?

Agree neither team can play a lick of defense but beyond that it's like comparing apples to hand grenades.

The MBB team was ranked in the preseason Top 25 and made it as high as #10 in the country?

Agree neither team can play a lick of defense but beyond that it's like comparing apples to hand grenades.
Forget the rankings. Some early concerns, but nothing derailing, finally putting some pieces together. Loss to a good Clemson team that we should've won, rebound to look like the team is getting better as season progresses, big victory/ies (FB: FSU, demolish Army finally; BB: Duke, Clemson), and then wheels start to fall off, no defense, our QB/PG starting to show cracks/unclutch.

Maybe I'm reaching. Just feels all too fresh/ familiar

God hates Wake Forest for having a Demon Deacon as the mascot. This is why we can't have nice things.

Tell me I'm wrong...

Back