• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 23: @ Duke - Tuesday 7 pm - ACCN

Gotta admire the optimism among the long-suffering Wake fan base. There are more than a few posters on TOS talking earnestly about how this loss affects our NCAA chances.

Yeah, the banked three by Ty was without question a 3 pt. shot. I don’t know why Wake’s bench didn’t go crazy when they kept it as a two similar to how they did when Duke kicked the ball into the backcourt and had a shot clock violation without any of it being called. Pain.

Still pissed about that forearm to Monsanto with resulting trey in another 2 pt loss. :(

Still pissed about that forearm to Monsanto with resulting trey in another 2 pt loss. :(
And subsequent call on Tyree that was weaker.

Although Monsanto sells contact a good bit, which will lead to refs not giving him the benefit of the doubt (they still should have called that).

I know Forbes feels indebted to Davien for following him to WF and coming back this year, but he cannot continue playing him more than spot mins as he is a big D liability and just in a complete total funk as he was -17 tonight and believe was worse vs uva. have to stay with just a 3 guard rotation and play 3 bigs all game except for small spells. Just amazing how young man is struggling and he was supposed to be a leader on the team.
I hear you, but you depth already is a problem even with the little Daivien has given Wake.

Maybe a hot take, but I didn't think Kyle's no-call was a moving screen. Looked like he was set and kept his arms in on the slo-mo. The most frustrating thing was immediately calling the "moving" screen on Appleby right after it. That's the inconsistency that drives everybody crazy.

The reason why we need to beat Duke at home is we know we will see at least 2-3 plays at Duke that "we have never seen before" or have not seen conveniently missed by refs in a lonnggggg time.

Things like reviewing a made 3-pointer and going nah, there's nothing to see there.

We’re on a collision course with the 8/9 game at the ACCT and either a rematch with Cuse after closing the regular season in the dome, or VT.

Per ShotQuality we were projected to win 82-67 based on shot quality and expected makes. 89% chance to win.

#GottaMakeShots

Back