• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 23: @ Duke - Tuesday 7 pm - ACCN

Moore would have killed in this offense, but Dallas fit this offense well. Be either of those…please!

Am watching the Pitt/UNC game tonight and Pitt can’t hit the broad side of a barn. Crazy how teams seem to be on when they play us.

We made a very average Clemson QB, since transferred, look like the shoe-in Heisman winner in September. We really have a talent for such things.

To state the obvious, our defense or lack thereof has a whole lot to do with how well other teams shoot against us. We didn't have a defender within eight feet of half the threes taken by Pitt.

To state the obvious, our defense or lack thereof has a whole lot to do with how well other teams shoot against us. We didn't have a defender within eight feet of half the threes taken by Pitt.

The last decent defense I recall was during the Odom years.

Then you weren't paying attention to Gaudio going out to Bennet Sr and learning the pack line. He installed it and it worked well compared to the previous seasons.

those AFA/Johnson/Teague/Smith/LD Williams teams also had some elite athleticism which we don't have today.

It would be great if Forbes could implement the pack line but those Gaudio teams had the horses.

Was just thinking the other night how Aminu in this lineup likely makes this a top ten team......

We have very limited athleticism for the bigs.

Was just thinking the other night how Aminu in this lineup likely makes this a top ten team......

We have very limited athleticism for the bigs.
Yeah. I think our defensive is very limited my our athleticism right now.

I do think a 1-3-1 with healthy Ituka, Bobi, Monsanto, McCray, Carr (in the middle) could be pretty formidable.

those AFA/Johnson/Teague/Smith/LD Williams teams also had some elite athleticism which we don't have today.

It would be great if Forbes could implement the pack line but those Gaudio teams had the horses.
The pack line covers up for a lack of athleticism. I always felt like that defense was the exact wrong kind of defense for the talent and athleticism we had at the time. Those teams would have been excellent defensively regardless and maybe even elite outside of the pack line.

Yeah the pack line doesn’t require to have defensive stalwarts or even overly athletic guys. It just requires a good court awareness and understanding of where you are, where passing lanes are, and where the offense wants to take the ball (which prevents getting down the lane).

IAT is right, the irony is those Dino teams probably would’ve been even better without the pack line given the personnel.

The pack line covers up for a lack of athleticism. I always felt like that defense was the exact wrong kind of defense for the talent and athleticism we had at the time. Those teams would have been excellent defensively regardless and maybe even elite outside of the pack line.
Don't disagree. I just appreciated that Gaudio recognized a flaw in his coaching and worked to change it.

Back