• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 23: NC State @ LJVM -- Saturday 4 pm - ACCN

Hopefully we're not planning to run the same perimeter overplay + PnR drop coverage that they torched us on last time. I'd take my chances with them shooting threes as opposed to that garbage gameplan again.

The racing thing seems as simple as NASCAR season started last week.

would hope they bring back the baby race at halftime
That’s what they did last time we had this nascar themed game. It was the 2022 season against Syracuse that we did this. They gave out Forbes on a motorcycle shirts. Nascar themed games aren’t out of the ordinary, the Carolina hurricanes do one every year.

Hopefully we're not planning to run the same perimeter overplay + PnR drop coverage that they torched us on last time. I'd take my chances with them shooting threes as opposed to that garbage gameplan again.
They’ve revised that last two games, mixing up the drop and increasing the blitz. It will be interesting to see what they do this game.

I'm down with the NASCAR theme since the Wolfpack's gonna be a bunch of roadkill tomorrow

“The Great Wake Forest Race?” Really leaning into the mayo monster thing

Are we allowed to use NIL funds to bring in a baby ringer? Does Ish have any small babies or maybe fit into a diaper?

Was working really well for the the first 30 minutes of the game when we led 60-49 with 10 minutes to go. Didn't help that our offense completely shit the bed down the stretch, as well.

But yeah, switching things up now and then would probably be a good thing.

This comes up as one of my keys to the game in my NC State preview over at BSD. "To blitz or to not blitz, that is the question."

Wake Forest-NC State Game Preview available here.
Thanks for the Pod. Good job as always.

I’ve been thinking about the drop coverage a lot and keep coming back to the conclusion that part of our decision to stay completely with it was a design to keep Reid out of foul trouble by avoiding fouls on a) high hedges; and b) running back to the basket from out of position.

If that’s right, I wonder if our rediscovery of Marsh as the backup C (who can rebound and not get bodied underneath) makes us slightly less scared of those fouls and opens up a few more options for us on defense.

Back