• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 23: NC State @ LJVM -- Saturday 4 pm - ACCN

Was working really well for the the first 30 minutes of the game when we led 60-49 with 10 minutes to go. Didn't help that our offense completely shit the bed down the stretch, as well.

But yeah, switching things up now and then would probably be a good thing.

Man - from that 10-minute mark, State outscored us 26-12 over the next 14 possessions leading up to the double technical festival. That is layup-line-level defense.

Given how that we owe NC State bigtime from the game in Raleigh, how well we play at home, and how we've played the last couple of games... if we lose this game, I might not be ok for a while.

Monsanto can play minutes at the 4 as well. There’s more margin for error in 80 minutes at the 4 and 5.
Yeah, with his limited defensive capabilities right now, I'd probably argue Monsanto not only can play the 4 but should be. I don't want him guarding a wing that can shoot and drive to the basket right now.

That means that Carr is available to play some minutes at the 5, which makes us a little less scared of Reid foul trouble.

Monsanto has pretty much only played the 4 on defense in recent games. Meaning that he subs in for Carr; on offense, Damari is positionless. Just give him the damn ball.

Monsanto played plenty of minutes at the 3 with Reid and Carr vs. Tech.

Monsanto subbed in for Carr at the 13:12 mark of the first half. Carr subbed in for Monsanto at the 9:53 mark. The next time Monsanto subbed in, WF was winning 29-6. Rotations didn't really matter at that point as WF could experiment. FWIW, when Monsanto subbed for the first time in the 2nd half its was for Carr. That's the rotation WF has been playing in recent games when there were competitive.

In his presser before GT, Forbes said that, right now, WF is most comfortable playing Monsanto at the 4 because mobility is an issue with his defense. I am a charter member of the Monsanto fanclub, but his lateral movement is limited. If WF is playing man defense, he is a liability against wings that drive the ball to the basket. Hope that improves over the next few weeks.

I'm a charter member of the Monsanto at the 4 club. I was just pointing out that he hasn't only played at the 4.

89-60 seems like a lot. But that's 20 points less than last Saturday.

Man - from that 10-minute mark, State outscored us 26-12 over the next 14 possessions leading up to the double technical festival. That is layup-line-level defense.
Yep, and felt like it at the time, too.

Back