• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 23: NC State @ LJVM -- Saturday 4 pm - ACCN

Yeah joking aside, we probably drop slightly in the adjusted EM because we were 8 and 9 point favorites KP/Torvik but the 16th win plus another Q2 win is way more important IMO
Would be pretty sweet if NCSU can finish as a top 75 team. I want to say State made the tournament last year with 1 Q1 win and 7 Q2 wins. They had much worse metrics than this Wake team. In the overall conversation about NET, Q2 wins are undervalued. They matter.

Deacs are in a decent spot. just have to finish strong.

I don’t understand how someone in his late teens / early 20s with a workout regimen like a college basketball player can be that heavy, unless he’s trying.
Have you seen college and NFL linemen?

Would be pretty sweet if NCSU can finish as a top 75 team. I want to say State made the tournament last year with 1 Q1 win and 7 Q2 wins. They had much worse metrics than this Wake team. In the overall conversation about NET, Q2 wins are undervalued. They matter.

Deacs are in a decent spot. just have to finish strong.
Wake is in an excellent spot to make the tournament at present. Every team in the top 37 of the NET has made the tournament since 2020 (current version of the NET ratings) and every team in the top 30 of KP has made it since 2020. Wake entered the day 25th in KP and 33rd in the NET

Can’t they be just as strong but not as fat?
I mean, something like 50-70% of the amount of fat we carry is based on genetics and not habits. He’s just naturally a big dude and it would probably take an extraordinary amount of effort to get the weight down a lot.

As a fellow lazy person I don’t blame him for not doing it

Have you seen college and NFL linemen?
I noticed that when the team was doing their warm up drills sideline to sideline Burns wasn’t with them.

Eric Williams came to Wake packing extra pounds. (Skip’s famous quote: “He thinks a milkshake is a vegetable.”) He got serious about his training and transformed both his body and his play.

I mean, something like 50-70% of the amount of fat we carry is based on genetics and not habits. He’s just naturally a big dude and it would probably take an extraordinary amount of effort to get the weight down a lot.

As a fellow lazy person I don’t blame him for not doing it
Dude can really play at that size too.

Back