• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 23: NC State @ LJVM -- Saturday 4 pm - ACCN

Towards the end, it really felt like Manning was turning players against their own fanbase to protect himself. Uncontrolled ego is a bad thing.
You can certainly read the end of the Odom era the same way. Duncan gave us the cold shoulder for years. I don’t have a problem with players being loyal to their coach over the school. In fact, I would guess that’s more the norm than not.

I was surprised he didn't get back in to see if he could get back in the groove... Unless he aggravated something or wasn't feeling well?
Was defensive liability, knee not well enough to move laterally and can’t elevate, if threes aren’t dropping can’t play more. Hopefully he can keep getting stronger and will come back next year at 100%

I like Chaundee and yes if he came back he should be welcomed warmly. My response was to the notion he stuck it out with Wake through the coaching change, which he did not and was very vocal about the fan base’s lack of support for Manning
That’s fair.

This Chaundee thing got me looking back at some of the Bz/Manning-era rosters and I honestly can't believe how many players I can barely remember. I mean there are even a couple who apparently got significant PT and I'm embarrased that I don't even think I know who they are. Just amazing to realize how checked out many of us were at the time.
I'd really like to put together a lowlight starting lineup from that era. It would have to be guys who got substantial minutes for at least a year (starters) who just didn't pan out at all.

In my mind, Nikita Meschiarokov just fully embodied the Bzzz era. I remember he had one absolutely wild shot that was somehow worse than an airball.

Back