• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 24: @ Duke- Monday 7pm - ESPN

We've come up just short the last two years at Cameron. I think this team is better, but it's still just one game and anything can happen.

'23 - 73-75L
'22 - 74-76L

Now I'm going to be pissed off about it all day. It really is amazing how bad and/or cowardly college basketball officials are.
They truly are. I think (as all fans do) we receive the short-end more than most, but we certainly benefit at times as well. There were dozens of times where the refs could have given Efton his 3rd/4th foul on Saturday, but they held off since we were at home. If that game was at Cameron or even in Raleigh he's barely playing at all and likely fouls out.

He's got to play much smarter tonight. Don't let Filipowski beat you off the dribble or on the block. If he's making decently contested shots from distance, then we'll just have to live with it.

After the meltdowns in every other high-pressure road game, I can't see how we win this. If we do, I'll move off of the Forbes-Out train. But I think we all know how this is going to go.
If Wake can do tonight what no other Wake team has done in 27 years, 2&2 will move off the “fire our head coach who has us as a top 30 team in the country” train.

You heard it here first folks !

I want to believe but I don’t know guys, I just can’t see it. Simply been too long since I’ve seen a Wake team win in that building to have any confidence.

giphy.gif

the Cameron losing streak is just another one of those inexplicable Wake things. like you have donk ass teams like Pitt win there every year and we haven't?

and then you look at the tournament (where we haven't even sniffed it in forever) and you have random fucking teams every single year make runs yet when we do it's always an early flame out.

God is not kind to Wake bball. see, again, our coach literally dying.

I want to believe but I don’t know guys, I just can’t see it. Simply been too long since I’ve seen a Wake team win in that building to have any confidence.

This is where I am as well. I’ll be watching on pins and needles and will be happy as hell if we win. But no way do I fall into the trap of convincing myself we will win.

the Cameron losing streak is just another one of those inexplicable Wake things. like you have donk ass teams like Pitt win there every year and we haven't?

and then you look at the tournament (where we haven't even sniffed it in forever) and you have random fucking teams every single year make runs yet when we do it's always an early flame out.

God is not kind to Wake bball. see, again, our coach literally dying.
I legitimately believe that K wanted to beat Wake more than any other team other than Carolina and so he made sure his team never overlooked us like they sometimes did with VT or Pitt or whoever.

They truly are. I think (as all fans do) we receive the short-end more than most, but we certainly benefit at times as well. There were dozens of times where the refs could have given Efton his 3rd/4th foul on Saturday, but they held off since we were at home. If that game was at Cameron or even in Raleigh he's barely playing at all and likely fouls out.

He's got to play much smarter tonight. Don't let Filipowski beat you off the dribble or on the block. If he's making decently contested shots from distance, then we'll just have to live with it.
I wish we could get one of those long career players where once they get their 4th foul, they can do whatever the hell they want. hansbrough the greatest example of this of all time.

again no expectations here
but to say wake has no chance is ridiculous
this duke team is meh. doesn't mean wake can't come out and be more meh but still

Which fucking lerch ass duke stiff was that with that goal tend? al michaels, mark meadows, or some such bitch ass?

Back