• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 24: Notre Dame @ the Joyce Center - Saturday - 1 pm Bally's (unless the plug is pulled)

Get a portal point guard (e.g. Appleby 2.0) and Wake could be very dangerous next year. Carr, Klintman, Monsanto, Hildreth, portal point guard.

I'm not counting the Ituka chicken before it hatches with a fully functionals

Get a portal point guard (e.g. Appleby 2.0) and Wake could be very dangerous next year. Carr, Klintman, Monsanto, Hildreth, portal point guard.

I'm not counting the Ituka chicken before it hatches with a fully functional leg.
Totally agree. My wish is for Carr and Keller to get stronger and Hildreth needs to improve in 2 areas to be an elite player. Improve his 3 point shot and do a better job of finishing around the rim. It'a frustrating to see him make good strong moves to the basket and miss so many two and three foot shots. Obviously an Acc level big man would make this team really good. I think Klintman has a bright future.

Bobi has such upside. Damari well IKYK.

Torvik also rates WF ahead of Clemson. Torvik has Clemson and Pitt both earning double byes, but at 21% and 46% likely to make the NCAA tournament, respectively. This is before the Clemson loss to Miami.
Yeah Clemson's ACC schedule has been a lot easier than Wake's. Their average opponent through 13 games is 10-15 spots worse than Wake's.

Clemson has four one possession wins (including three one point wins) in the ACC (including one over a bad FSU team) and an inexplicable loss to BC who is a bottom three-four team. They also have an 18 point loss to 228th Loyola Chicago plus a 3 point loss to 270th South Carolina.

Wake on the flip side has five Quad 1 losses and a Quad 2 loss of their six conference games (with three 2 point losses mixed in along with UVA/UNC single digits and the lone Clemson blow out back in December), has beaten the four "bad teams" in the ACC they've played by a combined 62 points with three of those coming on the road and the only "bad loss" is a Q3 2 point loss to LSU on a neutral court.

Makes sense for sure. Wake would be favored today on a neutral court (and was favored at home by 3 points a few weeks back even before the injury news came out for Clemson - so we don't even really have to speculate where they'd be rated today)

Clemson is probably going to be fine if they do as projected (22-9, 14-6) since they'll have a top four seed in the ACC. But if they go 21-10, 13-7 and lose their first game in the ACCT they're going to be sweating on Selection Sunday.

Forbes was asked in the postgame if he wants Bobi to be more aggressive and he immediately said “No”. Think he’s been looking good because he’s doing a good job of staying within himself and his role in the offense.
And it's exciting that his role is growing. Really fun to watch.

Barring a pretty bad collapse we're going to get a bye. We'd have to finish behind both Cuse and Virginia Tech. Or I guess nominally FSU or BC but they're both pretty damn bad despite beating up on resident basement dwellers (and inexplicably Clemson for BC).

Still most likely ACCT seed is #8 vs either Cuse (days after playing them) or VT

If we move up to #7 and get VT that will be interesting. Particularly if the winner gets Clemson.

Almost always does
And here is your normal Hildreth hate contribution. If you have nothing nice to say don't say it at all. Where you crying Monsanto was forcing against Duke when he was 1-12

And here is your normal Hildreth hate contribution. If you have nothing nice to say don't say it at all. Where you crying Monsanto was forcing against Duke when he was 1-12
What’s Monsanto shooting from 3 point range in ACC games? He’s going to have bad games because he’s human. But he’s going to have games like this and Florida St as well. He’s the best pure shooter in the ACC and the best at WF since Skip Brown.

Totally agree. My wish is for Carr and Keller to get stronger and Hildreth needs to improve in 2 areas to be an elite player. Improve his 3 point shot and do a better job of finishing around the rim. It'a frustrating to see him make good strong moves to the basket and miss so many two and three foot shots. Obviously an Acc level big man would make this team really good. I think Klintman has a bright future.
If you can’t shoot the 3 and you miss too many 2 and 3 foot shots around the rim, maybe you aren’t a good shooter. He’s an excellent player in all respects except shooting, but don’t expect him to be a good shooter next year. He’s a sophomore in college. If he can’t shoot by now, it’s unlikely that he will be a good shooter next year. It’s possible but not likely. Hildreth has pretty good form on his shot and can make an open outside shot if he has time to get it off. But he’s not a natural shooter. Fortunately, he does other things well and can score off the break, drives, put backs, etc. The back downs against ACC level defenders need to be reduced to mismatches or plays with options to pass to cutters or spot up shooters.

Back