• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 24: Notre Dame @ the Joyce Center - Saturday - 1 pm Bally's (unless the plug is pulled)

Glad someone around here cued us into how good he could be.

He probably cost us a few games too.

at Pitt:
With under 2 minutes he missed the front end of two 1 and 1s, and missed two free throws that would have tied the game with 30 seconds left. That’s at least 6 points lost at free throw line, and Wake loses by 2.

NCSU:
At the end of the first half has a layup blocked and NCSU hits a transition 3 right before 1st half ends. 5 point swing on that play alone

In the 2nd half had 3 or 4 layups blocked that NCSU converted into their own layup. Each of those were 4 point swings for a total of a 12-16 point swing. Again lose the game by 2 points.

Y’all are not looking at the entire picture of Cam’s game and the effect his offensive deficiencies has on the final score of a game.
Didn’t you know yet you can’t point out the negative parts of Hildreth’s game on this board?!

He’s playing PG because of necessity. Of course he’s going to pile up assists if he is the primary ball handler.

Keep Appleby outside the perimeter along with Monsanto and have a PG choose who to pass it to. Appleby can choose to shoot a 3 or drive to the lane, and Monsanto can shoot the 3.
No, just give us a true shooting guard. Appleby is great at PG.

This the best way I can explain my “issue” with Cam. Someone asked me my opinion on this team’s upside around the time we beat FSU and BC, and my response was let’s see how we play over the next five games. IMO, this year’s team is 1 piece away from being an NCAA Tourney Team, and that piece is a decent starting PG. This would allow Appleby to move to SG, a more natural position for him.

Think about it this way if this team had a PG similar to Teague or Ish then they most likely would be an NCAA Tourney Team. Even if you go down to the “next level” PGs at Wake over the past 25 years such as Downey, Rutland, CJ Harris, CMM, Hicks, and I’m sure someone will point out a few PGs that I missed, then they are probably still an NCAA Tourney Team. (And I left CP3 out because they would be a lock for the NCAA Tourney).
Wrong an average ACC caliber Center would have won us quite a few games. Another pg isn’t limiting what Burns, Bacot, and Lively did to us.

He’s playing PG because of necessity. Of course he’s going to pile up assists if he is the primary ball handler.

Keep Appleby outside the perimeter along with Monsanto and have a PG choose who to pass it to. Appleby can choose to shoot a 3 or drive to the lane, and Monsanto can shoot the 3.
He is 5’8 Appleby is not a sg

Ive never said Appleby can’t play PG.

Fine, if everyone wants to say Appleby is a PG, then this team is one SG away from being an NCAA Tourney Team. Swap Cam out for Grey, Dawson, O’Kelley, Braswell, and who ever else I forgot (And I left Chill out for the same reason I left CP3 out, replacing Cam with a legend is an unfair comparison.
And still you’re wrong a decent is much more of a glaring need

When we are playing in the NIT rather than the NCAA remember those loses at Pitt and NCSU. See earlier post about Cam’s contributions in those games.

What I see is a team that is one guard short of being a top tier ACC team this season, wether it is a PG or SG (Appleby can play either position).
So you think having another ph would have shut down Burns or rebounded and defended the glass better against Pitt. Cam is a solid defender offense is not an issue with this team.

Go read a few pages back where I posted multiple blunders by Cam in losses at Pitt and NCSU. None of those were on the last shot.

Cam left 6 points on the line from missed free throws during last 2 minutes at Pitt. In the NCSU game, there was a 5 point swing before halftime along with 12-16 point swing during the second half when he had 3-4 layups blocked which NCSU turned into 2 point layups.

These types of plays don’t show up in the box score.
Why aren’t you ragging on Marsh or Bradford who are both 7 ft tall for letting that doughboy Burns dominate us?

Didn’t you know yet you can’t point out the negative parts of Hildreth’s game on this board?!
There is a difference is critiquing parts of his game then seeming like he banged your girl and having a personal vendetta against him. The kid plays harder than most on the team and has won us some games. Listen to every announce when we play they say Cam is fun to watch, one of the most improved in the ACC, and tough as nails do you argue with the tv when they say that? Most of us see how big of jump Cam made from last year to this year and appreciate his hustle. While you and Bama seem ABC with the C not being Carolina

Well, we've just read several posts and I have no idea what they mean.

Last edited:
Back