• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 24: WF @ FSU -- Saturday Noon - Bally Sports

Weirdly officiated game. The tight-loose whistles were maddening.

Going to go take a shot of bourbon after watching that. Hell of a W after playing some of the sloppiest basketball all year. Also, FSU could have been called for 20+ fouls in the second half.

Just unreal job by Forbes. I now EXPECT to win games on the road.

My attitude going into these games seems so odd. I saw Wake +145 early on, chuckled and started counting my money.

Great win, tough sloppy game.

Took fortitude to keep fighting and overcome a lot of our own mistakes and a determined effort by FSU.

God awful officiating today.

I’m really looking forward to the postgame interview with Forbes. That’s the most animated I’ve seen him on the sidelines.

I mean FSU is a better team than NCSU. So we’ll see.

Full strength absolutely, but we let Walter Mitty go double double on us. This would have been an inexcusable loss. but we won so on to Raleigh.

perhaps a longer discussion, but i disagree pretty strongly. i can look for the data, but in general in-game performance is a poor predictor of performance for the rest of the game. now sometimes there are injuries or matchup issues, but in most situations the larger sample size does a wayyyy better job of predicting how a player is going to play the rest of the game.

so basically, you should lean on trusting the longer track record of a player versus having a tough half / stretch of basketball.

Fair enough. I wasn't just reacting to that stretch of Sy, though it seemed like it since I was going on tilt when FSU went on a run. I just want to see more of what Marsh can do. We know what we have in Walton/Sy and they are both going to be gone next year. It's a long season, Marsh has shown really good flashes. He is a matchup problem in a lot of ways give his frame.

Getting 8-10 mins down the stretch would help us, imo. His 10 minutes against UNC were huge. He totally changed the style and feel of that game. It gets frustrating if our bigs are quiet and you know you have this dude on the bench.

I'm not seeing how it can be a huge win but would have been an "inexcusable loss"

We haven't won in Tallahassee in like a decade! We're having a monumental season relative to just two years ago. Let's go

Worst half all year. Then Jake takes over, then the two dagger shots Zeke and Monsanto.

Sy was terrible. He is wildly inconsistent.

I'm not seeing how it can be a huge win but would have been an "inexcusable loss"

We haven't won in Tallahassee in like a decade! We're having a monumental season relative to just two years ago. Let's go

More than that. ‘08.

Back