• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 25: UNC-CH at the LJVM - Tuesday -- 7 pm ESPN

I'm concerned about Bacot after our inability to manage DJ Burns. Especially given Bacot has better moves around the basket and plays harder (both subjective, I know).
Hard to move well when you're on your ass. Need to use every foul in the post.

Agreed. Think a curse hit WF after Tim Duncan stayed for 4 years, and WF somehow didn't get to the Final 4 with the consensus #1 NBA draft pick for three straight years. To this day, always get the comment "How did WF not get to the Final 4 or win a NCAAT title when Duncan stayed at WF for four years".. It gets old, and no one wants to hear the Randolph Childress sickness, the Tony Rutland knee and the Stanford mauling excuses.
Good post.

As to the "we miss by 1 year" point: I always wanted to see Rodney Rogers return for his SR season, with Duncan as a true FR and Childress.

Granted Duncan was really raw and skinny, but he did play some good ball (game at Duke for example) --- he averaged 6.6 pts/9.6 reb/3.8 blocks --- so he was solid as a true FR.

I did not realize he averaged 3.8 blocks that year or nearly 10 boards. Damn what a find.

Good post.

As to the "we miss by 1 year" point: I always wanted to see Rodney Rogers return for his SR season, with Duncan as a true FR and Childress.

Granted Duncan was really raw and skinny, but he did play some good ball (game at Duke for example) --- he averaged 6.6 pts/9.6 reb/3.8 blocks --- so he was solid as a true FR.

I did not realize he averaged 3.8 blocks that year or nearly 10 boards. Damn what a find.
He was actually 9.8 pts or something

Good post.

Would we have had a scholarship for Duncan if RR had come back for his last year?

Bradford might be pretty good next year. He's been surprising me at times this year. Showing some signs of life and whatnot.
Agree. He's young - Marsh too. Bradford needs an off-season of post work / big man camp. He flashes but needs to improve footwork, etc. Marsh needs to be quicker off the bounce, work on his D. Not hatin', just sayin' - college kids need time to develop. Tale as old as time

i'd love to be wrong but every time i watch bradford it's like watching the kid who has to participate in PE class run around out there

i'd love to be wrong but every time i watch bradford it's like watching the kid who has to participate in PE class run around out there
he's incredibly slow, but maybe he can be a consistent rotation player for us next year. he's a huge kid, so if he can figure out how to use his length on defense and learn a move or two on offense, then he'll be fine. probably needs to practice free throws, too.

Big men are so hard to predict. Bradford and Marsh both have really promising characteristics but both have really concerning ones as well. I can at least see potential at the free throw line for Marsh, but Bradford really should try to granny it up there at this point - and that probably means any thought of a midrange game is not in his future. But he could drop some weight in the offseason, add a little strength/quickness, and suddenly be a much tougher player to both guard and score on. Marsh on the other hand gets to the rim crazy fast and already has great athleticism and physicality at his size - but he hardly ever plays like outside of dunking. He just doesn't have a natural instinct for rebounding or defending - it's virtually impossible to know whether something will click with him or not. Plus he has the makings of a workable shot - but without the ball control to catch and shoot in rhythm.

Could see both making a big leap next year - but could also see neither doing so.

Big men are so hard to predict. Bradford and Marsh both have really promising characteristics but both have really concerning ones as well. I can at least see potential at the free throw line for Marsh, but Bradford really should try to granny it up there at this point - and that probably means any thought of a midrange game is not in his future. But he could drop some weight in the offseason, add a little strength/quickness, and suddenly be a much tougher player to both guard and score on. Marsh on the other hand gets to the rim crazy fast and already has great athleticism and physicality at his size - but he hardly ever plays like outside of dunking. He just doesn't have a natural instinct for rebounding or defending - it's virtually impossible to know whether something will click with him or not. Plus he has the makings of a workable shot - but without the ball control to catch and shoot in rhythm.

Could see both making a big leap next year - but could also see neither doing so.
Agree with all of this.

Unfortunately, the limitations (guard multiple positions; shoot from deep; run the floor; adaptable to a 5 out system) for both Marsh and Bradford are things that are generally needed for the current version of basketball. Of the two, Marsh is the most athletic and has the better chance to evolve to overcome at least some those limitations, but think that both Marsh and Bradford are better suited to play basketball 20 years ago or even 10 years ago rather than today. Forbes has talked about it, and WF has experienced it, but WF has just been killed by opposing bigs that can stretch the floor. Not sure Marsh or Bradford will ever be able to play against that type of big.

If I had to guess, would think that Keller has the best chance to evolve next year into a guy that can play the 5, but still do all of things needed to optimize the way WF wants to play.

Last edited:
Agree with all of this.

Unfortunately, the limitations (guard multiple positions; shoot from deep; run the floor; adaptable to a 5 out system) for both Marsh and Bradford are things that are generally needed for the current version of basketball. Of the two, Marsh is the most athletic and has the better chance to evolve to overcome at least some those limitations, but think that both Marsh and Bradford are better suited to play basketball 20 years ago or even 10 years ago rather than today. Forbes has talked about it, and WF has experienced it, but when WF has just been killed by opposing bigs that can stretch the floor. Not sure Marsh or Bradford will ever be able to play against that type of big.

If I had to guess, would think that Keller has the best chance to evolve next year into a guy thI aat can play the 5, but still do all of things needed to optimize the way WF wants to play.
Agree, I am looking at Keller to make the big jump. Not quite ready for prime time now but him and Klintmon should resolve some current issues we have next year. Hell Klintmon might just be key for us the rest of the season. We really do miss Walton this year.

Still a long season, let’s see where Monsanto is by the end.

This is exactly what RTQ is for. If he finishes strong, you pay him and he’ll be back. He doesn’t have a Jake ceiling. And he’s older.

He needs to go off tonight.

Yeah I don't see it at all with Bradford

I mean he rebounds a lower percentage of missed shots on defense than Cam and Damari do. Like...I don't even know what to do with that

bradford looks like a dude that watched a youtube video on how to play basketball and thought he'd give it a go for the first time during a D-1 hoops game

but he also seems like the nicest guy on the team

Having a pregame beer y’all. Things are guaranteed to get dicey. Let’s go Deacs!!

Back