• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 25: @UVA - Saturday Noon - ESPN2

I mean he's not wrong though. The path remains what it has been: hold serve at home, beat ND on the road, and add one more. I guess UVA on the road was part of that path, but if you need to beat UVA on the road to get into the tournament you went south somewhere
I would argue with his phrasing of THE path as opposed to A path, but yeah sure.

We can still make the tournament. But winning at Duke or UVA would have given us a lot more room for error. Like, a tremendous amount more.

Wake would not be better without Cam. We'd be better with a reined in Cam who doesn't pass it when he gets his head down and mind set on going to the basket. Entering today he was the 14th best player in ACC play offensively

Does anyone really think we are going to beat both PItt and Duke? We need to go no worse than 5-1 the rest of the way and I don't see how that is possible.
Just a hunch we go 3-2 and win the 1st game in the ACC tourn., which could put us firmly on the bubble and needing a 2nd round win to get in.

Cam should not shoot, ever. Since his injury he is what, 10% on anything but a layup? We have 3 other shooters on the floor and that is the shot?

And screw the officials. Did we get a single call on a drive? And we lost by two. Yes it made a difference.

oof, the inbound on that last play was painful to watch.

dont want to read too much into it, but looked like five guys who all wanted to be the hero and didn’t want to be the inbounder as a result. really bad. and then sallis getting almost bullied by cam into giving him the ball.

I would argue with his phrasing of THE path as opposed to A path, but yeah sure.

We can still make the tournament. But winning at Duke or UVA would have given us a lot more room for error. Like, a tremendous amount more.
The problem is you can’t continue to say that wasn’t the path with every loss. It’s a truly idiotic statement. If you want to stay that Wake can still get in, fine, but giving a “Staunch reminder” is dumb AF

I mean he's not wrong though. The path remains what it has been: hold serve at home, beat ND on the road, and add one more. I guess UVA on the road was part of that path, but if you need to beat UVA on the road to get into the tournament you went south somewhere

But he is. The path included beating Pitt and/or State on the road. Without those wins, they’ve got to make it up with an “off-path” road win.

I don’t see how we make this tournament if we don’t win all our remaining regular season games.

But he is. The path included beating Pitt and/or State on the road. Without those wins, they’ve got to make it up with an “off-path” road win.
Sure, but by what you just said even, "the" path didn't include beating UVA on the road

The problem is you can’t continue to say that wasn’t the path with every loss. It’s a truly idiotic statement. If you want to stay that Wake can still get in, fine, but giving a “Staunch reminder” is dumb AF
Meh. Cam has been tweeting about how we don’t NEED the at Duke, at UVA games for a few weeks. It’s reasonable for him to try to reiterate that opinion, he just communicates it very poorly.

Wake would not be better without Cam. We'd be better with a reined in Cam who doesn't pass it when he gets his head down and mind set on going to the basket. Entering today he was the 14th best player in ACC play offensively

Yeah...based on scoring, assists, boards, positive events, etc. minus turnovers (including missed shots), adjusted for possessions they're "used" on
How about in ACC play?

yeah just to be clear since i agreed with not defending cam anymore

i don't want him off the team or not playing lol

he's still a good player

i think it's clear he could be used better and could probably look to pass more

I just don’t get why as a professional, representative of 247 sports, you take to Twitter and argue with Wake fans after a gut wrenching loss.

Back