• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 25: @UVA - Saturday Noon - ESPN2

curious if @Haros has data on this, but my working thesis is that he doesn’t get involved much when we run half-court offense with boopie at point guard.

not to be a broken record, but i think the data would support the claim that we are at our best (at least against good competition) with sallis playing the point and either pfred or monsanto in the game.
agree with all of this just based on eyetest

We were whistled for 3 fouls. Two of them came seconds after TONY came out onto the floor like a little crybaby.

Also I’ll defend cam’s drives because if he wasn’t hacked he would’ve been able to do something on his drive but refs aren’t calling shit. He’ll adjust but it’s worth continuing to try for a bit just to try to make them call something

agree with all of this just based on eyetest

Forbes must coach Boopie and Cam to dribble and try to draw fouls. Makes some sense given our FT% and both of those guys have good handles. They both flop a lot.

The fact that Forbes doesn’t sub them out after atrocious turnovers and shot selection when the fouls aren’t called also suggests this is some sort of strategy.

Awful to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PFred seems to struggle most with aggressive, athletic defense and Monsanto is a defensive liability so I think Forbes is just trying to figure out a way to manage that, but we could use the shooting.

The fact that Forbes doesn’t sub them out after atrocious turnovers and shot selection when the fouls aren’t called also suggests this is some sort of strategy.
who should he sub in for them

I'd agree with the "here comes the second half collapse" comments but having no foul trouble at the moment makes me think we can do this. Plus have barely seen anything from Sallis/Carr/PFed which I think is about to change

Boopie with the stupid ass half court 3
Reid with the stupid 3
monsanto stupid too long 3
Cam out of control driving to nowhere
Carr sucking.
Sallis no factor.

WTF?

at least the D has been decent and the blocking out good.
Reid’s 3 came with 2 seconds left on the shot clock. Not a stupid shot, but shouldn’t be in that position.

who should he sub in for them

As others have said, Sallis running point with PFred in for Boopie makes some sense particularly in this game if they aren’t calling it tight.

Also, just a quick hook from Forbes to make it a teaching moment and calm them down wouldn’t be awful. Again, I think it is part of the strategy so if that is the case, just keep doing what we are doing I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Need Monsanto and Parker out there more in second half. Both are really active on defense

If you’re expecting Forbes to start pulling his players after one mistake you’ll be disappointed. That’s kind of the opposite of his coaching philosophy. And it’s a big part of the reason we get the transfers we do.

It’s amazing how a single message board appears to be watching 4 very different Wake Forest basketball games right now. I have no clue what some of you all are watching.

PFred seems to struggle most with aggressive, athletic defense and Monsanto is a defensive liability so I think Forbes is just trying to figure out a way to manage that, but we could use the shooting.

I don’t agree with that assessment of Pfred.

I mean everyone is going to struggle more against athletic defense vs otherwise, but I would argue the last game vs Duke was his best as a Deac.

I think it’s Hildreth and especially Boopie struggle with athletic defense while Pfred is a lot more consistent based on the nature of how he plays.

Back