• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 26: Miami Hurricanes @ LJVM - Saturday 3 pm - Bally

Throw the ball away, throw the ball away, throw the game away. It was inevitable.

This team treats the ball like it's made of angry vipers. Color me exasperated.

I don’t understand why people are nonplussed about this home loss. The chances of us beating ND on the road are slim. We’re slipping into NIT territory. We had this and gave it away.

Love Forbes, but just wow. Poor timeout usage. Really poor 2nd half substitutions, particularly playing Whitt at the worst possible time. No semblance of an offense other than the ManMan (and Sy) show for the last 8 minutes. Refusal to even try zone against a team that does nothing but drive/dish. Really disappointing.

Miami turned up the defense on the perimeter, and we let them have it with turnovers.

Maybe concern that the rotation is too short? Didn’t have the juice down the stretch.

Felt like this was a must win with the games next week ahead of us. Hope that I’m wrong. We’ve responded coming of losses this year.

We'll likely get shit canned by dook as that's just a really tough matchup IMO. But Notre Dame gives the team all to play for all over again.

You know what…I am fiery about Wake sports but I’m not super pissed about this loss. Miami is good, very well-coached and Wong is elite at getting the shot he wants.

We turn the ball over 3-4 times less and hit FTs and we get the W.

Jake and Alondes looked like they each drank bathtub gin before the game.

This is where I’m at, too.

We got beat by a good team. Just have to win the next one.

If we don’t clean up the turnovers we will lose the next 2 games by double digits. Both ND and Duke play smart basketball and we look like a bunch straight off the playground with a very low IQ. The shame of it is…Forbes should have had this fixed in December. May be too late. The next 2 games will show if this team and Forbes are ready for the upper third of the ACC. Inexcusable loss today to Thug U

First time in the Joel in a decade. Unimpressed. We got out coached and out played.

It’s not though. He will be our demise come tournament time

I have no idea who you are, but I want you to know I think you are the dumbest poster on the boards and I wish you would quit and find a different hobby. I’m not really for the mods banning anyone, and had a difficult time with RJ (it was for the best). But you are the exception to the rule.

Love Forbes, but just wow. Poor timeout usage. Really poor 2nd half substitutions, particularly playing Whitt at the worst possible time. No semblance of an offense other than the ManMan (and Sy) show for the last 8 minutes. Refusal to even try zone against a team that does nothing but drive/dish. Really disappointing.

So would you say Whitt is or is not an ACC PG?

I don’t understand why people are nonplussed about this home loss. The chances of us beating ND on the road are slim. We’re slipping into NIT territory. We had this and gave it away.

Well, we do play ND at home.

You know what…I am fiery about Wake sports but I’m not super pissed about this loss. Miami is good, very well-coached and Wong is elite at getting the shot he wants.

We turn the ball over 3-4 times less and hit FTs and we get the W.

Jake and Alondes looked like they each drank bathtub gin before the game.

This. Clean up the turnovers and beat Duke. We weren't going to run the table. I swear Alondes passed to more Miami guys than Wake guys today. I take some solace in knowing this was Larranaga's first win at Wake. Doddering old fool

Great to see GDO there.

I have no idea who you are, but I want you to know I think you are the dumbest poster on the boards and I wish you would quit and find a different hobby. I’m not really for the mods banning anyone, and had a difficult time with RJ (it was for the best). But you are the exception to the rule.

In.

Thought Larranaga got the better of Forbes today. Also think the Canes are uniquely suited to capitalize on us being arguably the sloppiest “good” basketball team of all time. So I guess there’s that, too.

The key to beating us is pressure the ball (everyone does this against us now) and wait for us to throw it away. It's not rocket science. We can usually overcome a lot of turnovers, but LaRavia had an awful game and once Williamson stopped scoring we were in trouble.

If you have good athletic combo guards you can beat us.

LOL. Did you miss the last ten years? This season has been sublime.

Poor coaching today. Forbes made no adjustments.
So dumb. What about going to sy guarded by Miller multiple tongues in a row. What about isoing alondes? What about alondes multiple times waiting for the double to come in the paint to roll to the basket? These were clearly coached moves.

Unfortunately our weaknesses are glaring and Miami is well suited to take advantage of them

Back