• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 26: Miami Hurricanes @ LJVM - Saturday 3 pm - Bally

It’s completely acceptable to use nonplussed to mean “unperturbed” in modern times is what Google tells me. But this was cute. I hope everyone’s right and we blow out ND and Duke, kill it in the ACCT and we’re not wondering- what if we took care of business at home v. Miami. I’d love to be wrong.

For fucks sake chillax. It's almost like you've never been through the fucking chaos that is February college hoops. Odds are we get drilled by dook and find a way to beat Notre Dame. That would put us at 21-7 and 11-6 with three winnable games to play. If we finish 13-7 or 14-6 we are going to be in the tourney.

It is not acceptable. Because that's not what it means

The dictionary and Google disagree. I have no idea why you are being a douche to me right now. I’m disappointed we lost a game that we could and should have won. I see it having potentially devastating consequences. I hope I’m wrong, but seriously it’s such an ahole move to try to claim some intellectual superiority or something because I used the number 2 definition of a word on a message board.

I always thought nonplussed meant confused. Or is this kinda like “literally” where it’s been misused so much that Mirriam Webster threw her hands up and was like “fine, whatever.”
Right, and pretty much, yes.

The dictionary and Google disagree. I have no idea why you are being a douche to me right now. I’m disappointed we lost a game that we could and should have won. I see it having potentially devastating consequences. I hope I’m wrong, but seriously it’s such an ahole move to try to claim some intellectual superiority or something because I used the number 2 definition of a word on a message board.
Sounds like you're nonplussed about why wake fans aren't more concerned

I thought we were going to win this game and nothing in the first half had me doubting that. Even when it was tied with 3:00 to go I felt good. I am nonplussed.

Sy played really well today. I like to see him and Walton play more together.

Whelp, you know it’s a Wake message board when people are arguing about the definition of an obscure word when some of us are just trying to get drunk on a Saturday and bitch about a Wake b-ball loss.

I don’t understand why people are nonplussed about this home loss.

It could mean anything! Why use a word you don't know? Why not just say "concerned" like a normal person. WHY DO YOU LIE.

Forbes said he was disappointed he couldn’t get his team to play hard. Pretty damning comment

78e2b313d4f1668c36ec7d9de2b9f964.jpg

I apologize for speaking “informally” on a sports message board. Maybe I’ll turn in my Wake degree.

Forbes said he was disappointed he couldn’t get his team to play hard. Pretty damning comment

Oof. That’s about on par with Charlotte FCs manger saying we’re fucked when asked about the building of the roster

Back