• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 26: Miami Hurricanes @ LJVM - Saturday 3 pm - Bally

Goddamn, there are about four of you who I wish would stop replying to people I’ve had on ignore for years. I don’t want to see what they have to say. Please stop.

64zz8x.jpg

The 19-0 points off turnovers stat is particularly glaring. We gave this game away
Our ceiling is so much higher, which is why I'm not stressed.

if it's stupid then just ignore it.

no need to say it again.

But how will you ever learn and grow?!

Anyways, I appreciate the board for its cathartic outlet as usual. My wife and dog thank you all. Glad to see how not non-plussed Forbes is about the loss. Dude is a hardcore competitor.

Miami was impressive. Veteran team didn’t panic, played hard on D (thought they would wilt due to lack of depth, but WF was the more tired team down the stretch) and they ran their offense, getting good shots late. They have worked us twice. Even so, hope WF faces them in the ACCT. WF owes them.

Realize it’s partially a function of how we play and function of letting our playmakers create, but WF has got to find a way to reduce TOs. You can beat garbage teams with lots of TOs, but against good and elite teams, lots of TOs means a loss

The 19-0 points off turnovers stat is particularly glaring. We gave this game away
Our ceiling is so much higher, which is why I'm not stressed.

Turnovers have been an issue all year, though. One of those high risk, high reward things that we seem to be ready to accept as long as they come with wins. When we lose, we bitch about turnovers. As we should.

For fucks sake chillax. It's almost like you've never been through the fucking chaos that is February college hoops. Odds are we get drilled by dook and find a way to beat Notre Dame. That would put us at 21-7 and 11-6 with three winnable games to play. If we finish 13-7 or 14-6 we are going to be in the tourney.

I get the chaos that is February college hoops. What I didn't get today is our lethargic play (given the importance of the game) and the lack of urgency in terms of protecting the ball. Maddening. I've enjoyed this season like never before. Today's game, however, just spooks me out because I fear it's the type of game we will experience early in the ACC tournament or - if we get in - the NCAA tournament.

Wish we could find more minutes for Monsanto. While his shot selection today was questionable a couple of times, that guy has the ability to drain 3's all night long. He's going to have a big year for us in 22-23 as he assumes a bigger role.

Back