• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 26: Miami Hurricanes @ LJVM - Saturday 3 pm - Bally

My concern is that we keep saying "we'll clean up the turnovers and we played at 75% so when we put it together we'll be dangerous" for weeks now. I think this is just who we are this year. An un-tight squad that doesn't get too phased but doesn't play with much urgency, capable of hanging with most but not looking super pretty against good competition.

It's been an amazing season, and more wins to be had for sure. I think we go 1-1 in the ACCT, sneak into the tourney but don't make it past the second round.

My concern is that we keep saying "we'll clean up the turnovers and we played at 75% so when we put it together we'll be dangerous" for weeks now. I think this is just who we are this year. An un-tight squad that doesn't get too phased but doesn't play with much urgency, capable of hanging with most but not looking super pretty against good competition.

It's been an amazing season, and more wins to be had for sure. I think we go 1-1 in the ACCT, sneak into the tourney but don't make it past the second round.

Oof. I disagree. I think we are going to collect scalps in the ACCT and NCCAT. We are dangerous when we are rolling.

Definitely not ok with this loss. Huge missed opportunity to line ourselves up for the double bye. Chance to get some national press with a top 25 ranking that gets us positive press. Looks like we'll be tied with UVA at 10-5 after today.

Random thoughts on the game/team:
- We are a very good team that can play at an elite level, we are not an elite team that can get away with subpar performances like today against good teams
- We try for 'home run' passes that have all the flash but are not high percentage
- Appear to love to dribble in double teams and don't provide good outlets
- Jake (shake head), you just can take yourself out of a big game like this
- Forbes - I think his weakness is in game coaching, especially in the 2nd half against more accomplished coaches
- Forbes has said, at this point in the season good teams start to coach themselves (before the BC game), we might need to re-think that.
- Williamson is strongest on the team receiving the ball, he knows Alondes is tossing it 6-8 inches over his head when breaking the press
- Since the UNC/BC dominant games, I think we've gotten by more than dominating (Pitt we stopped playing D in the 2nd half), of course road wins are good but those came against FSU and State which both seem to be imploding and we had to fight through those.

I’m actually less concerned about the TO’s than I am about the free throws. Turnovers are just going to happen when we have the aggressive pass heavy offense that we do.

Just got in from the game. That sucked, we had the win but gave it away. Turnovers, lack of energy (they all looked gassed), little to no resistance on the drives in the 2nd half, and outcoached. IMO, more timeouts are needed to not only slow the runs but also make adjustments and give the guys a quick blow. Why we didn't try a zone, or something else (sagging our bigs), to stop the dribble drive penetration. Almost all of their points came in the paint the last 8 minutes

Granted it was over a lengthy stretch, but we went from up 10 to down 4 in the second half without calling a timeout. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before. Some extreme Dean/Roy level shit.

NOTE TO TEAM: Get rid of the ball when you see the double team coming. And the other 4 players cut when you see the double team coming. It is that simple. That is elementary basketball. That is what gives me the pain. Although, I love this team and what Forbes are doing. GO DEACS.

I am assuming that Forbes is mad as hell. He should be and deserves to be. This team more than qualifies to be labelled "Turnover Queens of The ACC". I do not know how players can be more oblivious to what defenders around them are doing than this bunch. They have their heads up their ass.

Whitt played two minutes. Not sure this was why we lost.

I’m not sure why you clearly have a hard on for me today, but I never said it’s why we lost. I said he shouldn’t have been playing. If your goal was get under the skin of 40 something year old mom who works a million hours a week and enjoys discussing and reading about Wake sports in my little downtime, mission accomplished. You win the internet today.

I’m not sure why you clearly have a hard on for me today, but I never said it’s why we lost. I said he shouldn’t have been playing. If your goal was get under the skin of 40 something year old mom who works a million hours a week and enjoys discussing and reading about Wake sports in my little downtime, mission accomplished. You win the internet today.
Agreed, phan is being a massive douche.

I find this is the best approach.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/002/284/781/8e9.gif

I think the RJ thread is creating a rift in the ether
It bothers me, I guess, that fans who sat out the last ten years of misery return now that we're having a fun, exciting season and just want to complain.

It's probably not fair, and we want as many fans on the bandwagon as possible.

It bothers me, I guess, that fans who sat out the last ten years of misery return now that we're having a fun, exciting season and just want to complain.

It's probably not fair, and we want as many fans on the bandwagon as possible.
To not complain is to accept status quo. Are you happy with today's performance and would like to see it replicated over the next few weeks?

I’m actually less concerned about the TO’s than I am about the free throws. Turnovers are just going to happen when we have the aggressive pass heavy offense that we do.

Uh we gave up way more points off turnovers than we missed on free throws. Missing free throws sucks for sure but turnovers above anything else by a large margin over any other factor lost this game. Very very apathetic looking team on the court today with a lot riding on this game. Disappointed in our players and lack of effort.

To not complain is to accept status quo. Are you happy with today's performance and would like to see it replicated over the next few weeks?
No, of course not. But also complaining on the boards is not going to improve the team or persuade forbes to commit more practice time to something.

Back