• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 26: Miami Hurricanes @ LJVM - Saturday 3 pm - Bally

Our biggest missing piece is a pure PG. That would cure a lot of the turnover issues. But Williamson has done a great job recently and is the closest thing to it, so the ball needs to run through him.

I didn’t even bother to care the last ten years. But I’ll be pissed if we miss the tournament.

In fact, I’ll say that the less ten years make this more frustrating. Everyone is sucked back in to giving a shit. The ACC is way down. We have to capitalize. Otherwise, it’s just another season we aren’t in the picture.

The key to beating us is pressure the ball (everyone does this against us now) and wait for us to throw it away. It's not rocket science. We can usually overcome a lot of turnovers, but LaRavia had an awful game and once Williamson stopped scoring we were in trouble.

If you have good athletic combo guards you can beat us.

Totally agree. Pressuring the ball around mid court is how to beat the Deacs. I have no idea why we don’t try to dribble our way around or even through trapping. Worst case scenario, we turn it over. Generally speaking, though we’ll get fouled a lot and the pressure will do down a notch or two.

I don’t understand why people are nonplussed about this home loss. The chances of us beating ND on the road are slim. We’re slipping into NIT territory. We had this and gave it away.
Go Google "nonplussed" please

In fact, I’ll say that the less ten years make this more frustrating. Everyone is sucked back in to giving a shit. The ACC is way down. We have to capitalize. Otherwise, it’s just another season we aren’t in the picture.

Yep. Being “OK” with blowing a 13 point lead at home is pretty bizarre to me. This was a really painful, and potentially devastating, loss.

Losing always sucks and I get the disappointment (and I share it) but I don't get how anybody can't be pretty satisfied with where we are right now. Is there room to improve? You bet. But throw out the covid year and consider that this is effectively Forbes' first season. We are already light years ahead of Bz/Manning.

Go Google "nonplussed" please

It’s completely acceptable to use nonplussed to mean “unperturbed” in modern times is what Google tells me. But this was cute. I hope everyone’s right and we blow out ND and Duke, kill it in the ACCT and we’re not wondering- what if we took care of business at home v. Miami. I’d love to be wrong.

It’s completely acceptable to use nonplussed to mean “unperturbed” in modern times is what Google tells me. But this was cute. I hope everyone’s right and we blow out ND and Duke, kill it in the ACCT and we’re not wondering- what if we took care of business at home v. Miami. I’d love to be wrong.
It is not acceptable. Because that's not what it means

You know what…I am fiery about Wake sports but I’m not super pissed about this loss. Miami is good, very well-coached and Wong is elite at getting the shot he wants.

We turn the ball over 3-4 times less and hit FTs and we get the W.

Jake and Alondes looked like they each drank bathtub gin before the game.

This pretty much nails it. This loss hurts like a bitch, and putting aside how we got into a tied game in the last couple minutes it still took a missed travel call and a gift 3 pointer, plus a near steal the Wong got incredibly lucky to recover and then hit a fading jumper to seal it. It looked a LOT like their win in Cameron where they just kept making absurd finishes to close them out. Yes, the turnovers were really why we lost - at the same time Manman's absurdly good offensive plays were also the reason we were in it.

Let's just go win at Cameron to make up for this.

I always thought nonplussed meant confused. Or is this kinda like “literally” where it’s been misused so much that Mirriam Webster threw her hands up and was like “fine, whatever.”

Last thought on this game is that…we have a very good team. When we play like we did tonight, we’re at 50-70% of our potential. We should have blown Miami out of the water by 15-20 points by playing solid basketball. This is what gives me hope. We’ll get some of this cleaned up and rebound to close out the season. I would not want to play us in the ACCT or NCAAT.

Back