• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 26: Pitt @ WF - Tuesday 9pm - ACCN

I’ve been saying for a while that the team this year has exhibited selfish play that hasn’t existed in prior years. Maybe because we lost Shay. Maybe because of Forbes family situation. Maybe this group of players hasn’t meshed as well. Who knows. Chemistry absolutely seems off this year though.
Shay is back we lost Savage

Cam hate is kinda crazy. He can’t shoot due to injury but he can’t be a complete non factor on offense either. He’s struggled to make some driving layups and shots he was making earlier in the season, but if he presents zero threat it hurts the rest of the offense. Yeah he shouldn’t have taken that last play vs UVa but I don’t see the same selfish player that everyone keeps posting about. Guy is playing thru injury and plays hard

This team just doesn’t have good passers like that last two. I haven’t seen chemistry issues (before about 2:00 Sat), but there’s no ManMan or Tyree with excellent court vision keeping people happy.

The individual talent and improved defense is there though. Plenty to get us over the hump. They just have to go do it over the next couple weeks. And you don’t even have to do it away from home except at ND!

Is there any early news on which pre-season tournaments that we might be involved in to start next season such as Maui, NIT or others where there will be several Q1 opportunities?
i think thanksgiving in orlando
this one

Sets up well to head to Orlando after the football game at Miami.

don't hold me to that. however i read that some place. to the point we are looking to book disney trip for kids that week.

Cam hate is kinda crazy. He can’t shoot due to injury but he can’t be a complete non factor on offense either. He’s struggled to make some driving layups and shots he was making earlier in the season, but if he presents zero threat it hurts the rest of the offense. Yeah he shouldn’t have taken that last play vs UVa but I don’t see the same selfish player that everyone keeps posting about. Guy is playing thru injury and plays hard
If he can’t shoot he shouldn’t have went against the team and play hero ball on the final possession. I don’t think he is a selfish player but he made a selfish play. Both things can be true

"The path does not include UVA" is on its face an understandable statement. But it's so weird to make after the fact. As though there isn't an easier path than the one you were following, a path that winning at UVA would have put you on.

"This thing that would have made our journey phenomenally more likely to be successful just slipped through our grasp. But there is no reason to worry as we were never counting on grabbing it."

"The path does not include UVA" is on its face an understandable statement. But it's so weird to make after the fact. As though there isn't an easier path than the one you were following, a path that winning at UVA would have put you on.

"This thing that would have made our journey phenomenally more likely to be successful just slipped through our grasp. But there is no reason to worry as we were never counting on grabbing it."
I am going to go out on a limb and suggest THE PATH does include beating Pitt tomorrow.

Damn even Josh had balls to ask. Les and Cam said they already knew what answer they’d get
Thanks Josh Graham, Forbes spoke his mind to the whole team at practice about Cam’s egregious play vs Virginia. After being called out twice by his coach, Let’s see if Cam can focus more on sharing the ball than shooting the ball tomorrow night.

Hit the nail on the head. Also don’t get why he takes to Twitter and argues with upset fans basically telling them they’re overreacting after a loss because it didn’t matter. Fans care about every single game

Back