• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 26: Pitt @ WF - Tuesday 9pm - ACCN

I think this is the game that ends our tournament chances. I hope I am wrong, but Pitt has been playing really well and we have not.

It is a quick turnaround from Saturday and a late game. I hope that really impacts Pitt more than it impacts us.

I think this is the game that ends our tournament chances. I hope I am wrong, but Pitt has been playing really well and we have not.

It is a quick turnaround from Saturday and a late game. I hope that really impacts Pitt more than it impacts us.
Well, we can blame it on them deciding to honor ron fucking wellman then. That smug asshole.

Is it common to honor the former AD like annually? Seems like we’ve done this several times already

I mean you only go into the NC Sports HOF once. I don’t want to see him either but it’s not like they are going out of their way to make something up. Luckily for him Chill is going in at the same time.

I mean you only go into the NC Sports HOF once. I don’t want to see him either but it’s not like they are going out of their way to make something up. Luckily for him Chill is going in at the same time.

I didn’t care enough to look up whether this was for a particular reason. Just seems like wellman gets recognized a lot at games.

Probably important to remember that the majority of Wake fans don't even think about Ron Wellman enough to hate him. Just because everyone that posts here pays close enough attention to remember all the bad decisions that Wellman made doesn't mean that everyone else does too.

He's the former AD that is going into the NC Sports HOF. That's all there is to it, there's no conspiracy to clean up Wellman's image and Wellman certainly isn't pulling the strings anymore.

Probably important to remember that the majority of Wake fans don't even think about Ron Wellman enough to hate him. Just because everyone that posts here pays close enough attention to remember all the bad decisions that Wellman made doesn't mean that everyone else does too.

He's the former AD that is going into the NC Sports HOF. That's all there is to it, there's no conspiracy to clean up Wellman's image and Wellman certainly isn't pulling the strings anymore.
Still. Fuck that guy!

I would like to see Cam's assists go up and ppg go down. If he is going to drive the lane he needs to do it with an eye towards kicking out to Monstersanto or PFred or Carr for a 3.
This has, in my eyes, been one of the main reasons our offense has been so awful at times recently. Boopie and Cam both drive hard to the hoop, but often with tunnel vision to the basket. Neither are particularly big, high flying, or adept at finishing thru contact (at least post-injury for cam) so they typically end up either missing or getting blocked at the rim. They need to get their head up, play more off of 2 feet, and move the ball. Getting in the paint can be valuable without a shot but it feels like those 2 in particular have not done their job making plays for others from those positions.

It can be both. Broadly speaking, they're honoring him because of the NCHOF. But I am sure that there is also a subtle effort to launder his image in retirement.

The athletic dept knows its constituents. They're aware of his reputation because there were just so many stories and negative fan experiences that spilled out over the course of a decade.

This is another game where Reid and Carr have a mismatch and it’s really not close. Get it down to them early and often and the open shots from 3 should come. Cam’s job should be to be in Hinson’s face all night for 30 mins. Reid should be able to stay out of foul trouble unless he picks them up away from the basket.
Did Cam guard Hinson in the first meeting and do reasonably well? Couldn't watch at work stuff in Vegas. Hinson is 6'8", so this seems unwise at first blush, though I'm not sure I want Carr (or Sallis) on him either.

Hinson is going to score, there's limiting him but we aren't going to shut him down.

We win this game if we defend Carrington and Leggett better than last time. I'm curious to see if there are different defensive matchups this time, because whoever guarded Leggett last time did a miserable job.

Hinson is going to score, there's limiting him but we aren't going to shut him down.

We win this game if we defend Carrington and Leggett better than last time. I'm curious to see if there are different defensive matchups this time, because whoever guarded Leggett last time did a miserable job.
Yeah we did a decent job on Hinson last time but still lost.

Cam did a great job on Hinson last time out. He had an and-one against Boopie and hit a 3 when Cam was on the bench, Cam gave up maybe 6 points to him in the 2nd half. It was Carrington and Leggett that crushed us.

Back