• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 26: Pitt @ WF - Tuesday 9pm - ACCN

There's no way if we finish top-22 in KP that we could get left out, right? Right?

That whole segment with him explaining the bracket implications was ridiculous. More for the bizarrely tight up-close video angle than the actual substance. I'm sure the guy can afford a decent webcam.
I usually watch games on my tablet, but had it on the big tv in the basement last night. That was............unpleasant

Imagine making up what the hell a “bracketologist” is and getting to make a living off of it. Then you get to appear on TV and have fan bases all over the country constantly checking your Twitter updates. Basically the 21st century version of Snake Oil salesman. The Industrial Revolution was a mistake

Footage last night of Lunardi.

7_joker_dark-knight-home-video.jpeg

There's no way if we finish top-22 in KP that we could get left out, right? Right?
maybe it's just the wake fan in me, however I am scared this is setting up for wake to be an "example" or some BS.
a chance for the esteemed committee to say "we look at resumes and who you've beat, not just the metrics. we do proper analysis blah blah blah."
and leave wake out while they are top 30 in KP, NET, BPI, etc.

maybe it's just the wake fan in me, however I am scared this is setting up for wake to be an "example" or some BS.
a chance for the esteemed committee to say "we look at resumes and who you've beat, not just the metrics. we do proper analysis blah blah blah."
So basically, "we look at everything except watching the actual fucking games"

I mean if they leave out a top 30 team in the NET, they might as well stop using those rankings to make the bracket. I'd be utterly shocked if it happened.

But I also don't think it's likely whatsoever that Wake remains where it is in the NET without beating some combination of Duke/Clemson/VT and badly beating both ND and GT

I was getting frustrated about Pitt's offensive rebounds last night so I was surprised to see we out rebounded them by 10.

They got 16 offensive rebounds on 44 (!) misses, for 36%
We got 8 offensive rebounds on 20 misses, for 40%.

So we actually did better than they did on the offensive glasses

I was getting frustrated about Pitt's offensive rebounds last night so I was surprised to see we out rebounded them by 10.

They got 16 offensive rebounds on 44 (!) misses, for 36%
We got 8 offensive rebounds on 20 misses, for 40%.

So we actually did better than they did on the offensive glasses
Pitt just missed so many shots that they had more opportunities for O rebounds.

They also got quite a few long offensive boards, always tougher.

Back