• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 26: Pitt @ WF - Tuesday 9pm - ACCN

I was getting frustrated about Pitt's offensive rebounds last night so I was surprised to see we out rebounded them by 10.

They got 16 offensive rebounds on 44 (!) misses, for 36%
We got 8 offensive rebounds on 20 misses, for 40%.

So we actually did better than they did on the offensive glasses
Yeah, I don't care how many offensive rebounds a team gets against us if they are shooting 29% from the field lol

I was getting frustrated about Pitt's offensive rebounds last night so I was surprised to see we out rebounded them by 10.

They got 16 offensive rebounds on 44 (!) misses, for 36%
We got 8 offensive rebounds on 20 misses, for 40%.

So we actually did better than they did on the offensive glasses

Yesterday was the worst defensive rebounding game we've had in conference play, according to Torvik they had a 34% OR rate. We had been the top defensive rebounding team in the conference, we're down to #2 now. I do feel like they just got some lucky bounces, but also that Carr and Monsanto had some butterfingers.

I think as a general rule, we are an ELITE defensive rebounding team with Reid in the game, not so good when he's on the bench.

Yesterday was the worst defensive rebounding game we've had in conference play, according to Torvik they had a 34% OR rate. We had been the top defensive rebounding team in the conference, we're down to #2 now. I do feel like they just got some lucky bounces, but also that Carr and Monsanto had some butterfingers.

I think as a general rule, we are an ELITE defensive rebounding team with Reid in the game, not so good when he's on the bench.

Seems like by far the most 3 pt attempts against us in ACC play without looking it up. A lot of 3 point misses leads to a lot of long rebounds.

yeah when we go small with Monsanto and Carr at the 4/5 our rebounding definitely suffers.

Still like it in spurts though

we are 100% a team who could make a run to the final four if we play like we're capable of
we are also 100% a team who could lose in dayton if we happen to play cincinnati or butler within a short drive of their campuses

we are 100% a team who could make a run to the final four if we play like we're capable of
we are also 100% a team who could lose in dayton if we happen to play cincinnati or butler within a short drive of their campuses
sigh...

Cam going 1/11 from 3 and Efton picking up 2 fouls in the first 90 seconds of a play-in game would definitely generate some content.

yeah it's always annoying when random schools like FAU make runs and then Wake (when we, you know, used to make it) would end up like the latter.

and yes I know we've only been to Dayton once but more just the disappointing first round loss

There's only 11 teams on Kenpom that have a top 30 ranked offense and a top 30 ranked defense. Wake is one of them.

The other 10 are Houston, Purdue, UConn, Arizona, Auburn, Tennessee, UNC, Creighton, Duke, and Marquette. All of those 10 teams are currently ranked in the top 15 of the AP Poll

The most Wake thing to happen if we made the tournament and had to play in the First Four would be to draw Gonzaga in a top 30 KP matchup (which would normally be a game you'dd see for an 8 v. 9 or 7. v. 10 on Thursday/Friday
Yeah it would also get the NCAA out of having two 10/11 seeds favored by like 4-5 over 6/7 seeds, so this actually makes a ton of sense.

Throw in the Reid/Sallis angle and you've got a matchup that would draw eyes.

In a way, that makes the most sense honestly/what could be done with teams that are low on the KP luck/Q1, but obviously has great talent.

Just force them to play each other - one overcomes their lack of ability to win close games vs. other good teams, and the other obviously fails and goes home until next season.

I am IN on this.

This is also how I feel about the posts that are like “there’s no way we get left out if XYZ happens”. Like are you serious. You really want to test God’s hatred of Wake Forest?
"no team has ever been left out by being ranked X"

yeah, ok, but when has Wake been in position to prove that wrong before?

Just listened to college basketball podcast and they said WF is kind of team that will make it into the tournament as an 11 seed and then be favored over the 6 seed. The predictive metrics (KP, Torvik) for WF are elite because of all of the blowouts. Deacs just need the wins over other elite teams to prove we belong.

Back