• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 27: Duke @ LJVM - Saturday 2 pm - ESPN

Halfway through a second half re-watch. Filipowski is clearly pissed that he and Mark Williams are getting completely owned by AC.

Sallis was special in this game. The three point shot, the swagger, the ability to get to any spot he wanted for a midrange jumper. Best we can do is enjoy the games he has left because that was a statement to the NBA.

Because our dumb ass students rushed the court and injured an opposing player. It’s fine to get excited about a win but players shouldn’t be subjected to injury because of it. Flip initiated contact but you or I probably would’ve done the same thing had 4k students been rushing us.

Ask yourself how pissed would we be if Sallis were hurt like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dude, fuck you and the maple fridge you rode in on. No, I would not have done the same thing he did. I would have done exactly like his teammate who was even farther from the tunnel and closer to the baseline with students and booked it off the court (in time) as soon as the buzzer sounded.
I certainly wouldn’t then fake an injury like a little bitch but I can see where you see your resemblance.
It’s college basketball and courts get stormed. It is part of the game and part of tradition. If you play for Duke, then you know that and you get out of the way unless you want something bad to happen. So, again, fuck off maple dick.

Outside of putting up a permanent barrier, how do you proposed LJVM bans it?
When I stormed the court in 2020, event staff gathered around the court with a rope and didn’t let anyone on until Duke got off the floor (which they should’ve done today). Then they let folks through. I imagine in the future they’ll do that and not let anyone through. If people still push through and fight with security that’s a different story

By saying it's banned. Most people at Wake games like to obey rules. Not exactly a "hell for leather" kinda crowd.
The SEC has one of the most aggressive fine policies of any conference. Even so, look at the students rushing the field after a big victory. College students are going to be college students, and get caught up in the emotions.

When I stormed the court in 2020, event staff gathered around the court with a rope and didn’t let anyone on until Duke got off the floor (which they should’ve done today). Then they let folks through. I imagine in the future they’ll do that and not let anyone through. If people still push through and fight with security that’s a different story
I've seen them run on the court with the rope, which works when the team is in a cluster and wanting to get off the court. Flip wouldn't have been part of that process today due to his lack of motivation to get his ass off the court.

Props to John Currie.

I really hope that isn’t the last time Duke plays a basketball game in Winston-Salem.
Come on, man. Duke doesn’t exactly have a halo when it comes to on court violence. If it is the last game, it’ll have nothing to do with Flip instigating, or at least not making an effort to avoid, contact.

I've seen them run on the court with the rope, which works when the team is in a cluster and wanting to get off the court. Flip wouldn't have been part of that process today due to his lack of motivation to get his ass off the court.
I’m not saying it should be banned. Wake and LJVM are getting a ton of negative press today so I wouldn’t be surprised to see them come out and say court storms are banned at LJVM. Maybe that’ll be enough of a punishment (some are calling for us to forfeit the win which is stupid). At least for a few years til all this blows over.

Back