• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 27: Duke @ LJVM - Saturday 2 pm - ESPN

Just curious as to where you all were seated or where the "off" sounds were coming from. Those claps will sound off because of the time it takes sound to travel. People tend to be in rhythm the closer they are to the sound source. If you are sitting in the upper deck, those in the lower seats will sound off. The reverse is also true.
121 a couple of sections over from the students. I’ve been going to games in the Joel since it opened and have sat all over the place. I don’t go to every game anymore because I live four hours away, but the fight song was definitely off. I loved the students on Saturday, they were great, the whole atmosphere was awesome. But the fight song was definitely off and the Wake Forest chant never worked. My point was it was because Wellman created this gap in students’ caring about this program and there will be a knock on effect. Many people argued there would be one in 2010. Here it is. I suppose the other point is that they simply don’t play the fight song much anymore, so there are fewer opportunities for present day students to pick it up.

I grew up a wake fan, but know a ton of students who went from 2010-2020. They don't even really know about tie dye much, or if they do they know it as a lame attempt at one game a year when the team absolutely stunk. They are getting into the team now maybe, but it's nothing like those who were around the program from 90-2010. It takes time, and the current students hopefully will get to see several years of caring and work that back into the fabric of WF.

121 a couple of sections over from the students. I’ve been going to games in the Joel since it opened and have sat all over the place. I don’t go to every game anymore because I live four hours away, but the fight song was definitely off. I loved the students on Saturday, they were great, the whole atmosphere was awesome. But the fight song was definitely off and the Wake Forest chant never worked. My point was it was because Wellman created this gap in students’ caring about this program and there will be a knock on effect. Many people argued there would be one in 2010. Here it is. I suppose the other point is that they simply don’t play the fight song much anymore, so there are fewer opportunities for present day students to pick it up.
There doesn't seem to be a problem with the Wake....Forest chant at football games. Maybe that's because the two sides of the stadium are more clearly defined.

I mean what are we talking about about here? Duke's student section chanted "orphan" and "where's your parents?" at Scott Williams. "JR can't read" at JR Reid despite him having better grades and SATs than Laettner and Hurley. "How's your grandma?" at Tyler Lewis like the day after she died.

Although I guess I don't want to find out where the line is on hurting a Duke fan's fefes since they'll probably call the cops based on their histrionics these past few days.
I’d rather we not sink to that level. I’d hate for Cameron to be our measuring stick.

Back