• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 27: Duke @ LJVM - Saturday 2 pm - ESPN

I was a fan of Hot Time in the lead-up to the opening tip.
Yeah, this is the song I most associate with Wake basketball from my time at the Joel. Well, that and Welcome to the Jungle during pregame introductions - but that wasn’t really a positive association.

Yeah, this is the song I most associate with Wake basketball from my time at the Joel. Well, that and Welcome to the Jungle during pregame introductions - but that wasn’t really a positive association.
wait what's wrong with Welcome to the Jungle?

I remember under Odom we went through a period where we played "The Final Countdown" by Europe for several years. I like that one and "Welcome to the Jungle."

steve-martin-wow.gif

Not only did the students struggle with WAKE FOREST, a substantial percentage do not know the rhythm of the fight song and when to say GO DEACS. This is the knock on effect of voluntarily destroying our program by hiring [Redacted] and Manning—no question.
The clapping during the fight song was off. I thought it was just me losing my mind but glad someone else noticed it.
Just curious as to where you all were seated or where the "off" sounds were coming from. Those claps will sound off because of the time it takes sound to travel. People tend to be in rhythm the closer they are to the sound source. If you are sitting in the upper deck, those in the lower seats will sound off. The reverse is also true.

Just curious as to where you all were seated or where the "off" sounds were coming from. Those claps will sound off because of the time it takes sound to travel. People tend to be in rhythm the closer they are to the sound source. If you are sitting in the upper deck, those in the lower seats will sound off. The reverse is also true.
bill-nye-science.gif

science

Yes upper for sure. Sec 230. Sort of mid-court, row M.

Back