• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 27: Duke @ LJVM - Saturday 2 pm - ESPN

I'm pretty sure I'm on an island here, and I certainly don't blame the students, but I don't think I ever rushed the court.

That's partly because I hate being in a mob of people, and partly because I think one should act as if one has been there before.

Even if you haven't.

I'm pretty sure I'm on an island here, and I certainly don't blame the students, but I don't think I ever rushed the court.

That's partly because I hate being in a mob of people, and partly because I think one should act as if one has been there before.

Even if you haven't.
Counterpoint: they are in college, let them have fun.

Even if you haven't.
C’mon man these are college kids. It’s a moment they’ll remember for the rest of their lives (literally - i still remember grappling RoRo’s massive bicep after we creamed UNC). It’s a once in a lifetime thing.

I rushed the court once when we beat UNC in 2009. It was awesome. I'd do it again. I didn't get the chance to get shoved by Ty Lawson or anything though
I rushed the field at the military bowl and told Carney, damn glad you’re a deac. It’s a good memory, so I don’t begrudge any student who does it.

I just checked the video I took from sec 119.. I don't see anything bad

Then why is all the news about one thing and not the other? Also apparently it’s his knee now not the ankle anymore. They really rushed that sprained ankle diagnosis out the gate quickly. Almost like they didn’t even check first.

Because our dumb ass students rushed the court and injured an opposing player. It’s fine to get excited about a win but players shouldn’t be subjected to injury because of it. Flip initiated contact but you or I probably would’ve done the same thing had 4k students been rushing us.

Ask yourself how pissed would we be if Sallis were hurt like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look closely, his body went back and to the left, back and to the left. The fan collided with Flip, stopped (in mid-air mind you) and then fell to the floor. There had to be a 2nd collision. But that's not what "they' would have you believe.

If you want some good belly laughs, and a brief trip off of planet Earth, go to DBR and read their analysis of what happened based on the video replays.

honestly, it is kinda surprising that court storming still happens in 2024
hard to stop a crowd if they're gonna do it

plus now you can drink beer in the joel so i think most venues chalk it up to let it happen but MANAGE it at least

Back