• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 27: Duke @ LJVM - Saturday 2 pm - ESPN

Good news is that Duke has NCState next. If it was Louisville or something, Scheyer may have held Flip out to really milk it like a dramatic twat.

I can’t stand Duke and am all for fans rushing the court BUT our students injuring a player is a very bad look. Also, Flip saying it was personal is comical. Fans were excited. I doubt they were trying to hurt him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you watched the video replays? Please do, so you're clear about what really happened. There's zero evidence that any WF student hurt or tried to hurt any Duke player. There's not even any evidence of trash-talk. The first kid to approach Flip appears to be pulling a cell phone up to their ear and pivots slightly to avoid contact. The video from that point on speaks for itself.

He totally raised his elbow, no doubt. That doesn’t changed the fact that our fans rushed the court while they were still on it and we are getting crucified in the media for it.

I am not defending Flip at all by the way.

Based on the video on my phone, looks like he trips over his own foot.

Rushed the court multiple time in the early 90s. The difference was more security and there was a pause and a limited access point.

The student section could have been held back long enough to clear Duke players. Agree with Greenburg dropped ball regardless of Flip's action and whining.

Filipowski literally assaulted a fan right before he hurt his knee. Feels like if Filpowski had darker skin and corn rows, people would be singing a different tune instead of going after the Wake Forest student body for just storming the court. Something fans have been doing for decades.

If DR or Stratt would like to bet Flip is injured and isn’t back by the ACC tourney, I’d be more than happy to donate $250 to any Winston non-profit of their choosing. If Flip is back, they have to sit next to me during a soccer match next season.

Edit: Make it a soccer and field hockey match. I want to make sure you guys are putting yourselves out there for all of our teams.

Rushed the court multiple time in the early 90s. The difference was more security and there was a pause and a limited access point.

The student section could have been held back long enough to clear Duke players. Agree with Greenburg dropped ball regardless of Flip's action and whining.
After the lost decade there’s no way the students were being held back.

"He spoke to reporters after the game with his right knee wrapped in a bag of ice, though he wasn’t significantly limping afterward." -AP

Duke men's basketball tampon dispensers were fully depleted, however.

Anyways, if we go at least 3-1 against ND, VT, GT, and Clemson plus make the ACC semis I bet we're like a 7 or 8 seed in the NCAAT
Thank you for talking basketball on this thread and not some donk from Duke who fell over after the game ended.

Can’t overlook ND on Tuesday. They aren’t great, but have to remain focused these last four games and take advantage of the opportunity we’ve created today.

Back