• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 27: Duke @ LJVM - Saturday 2 pm - ESPN

Game story on today's victory here.

The teaser: "Wake Forest fans had been waiting for a game like this for years. Their team had been preparing for a moment like this all season. 14 lead changes, a late deficit. Hunter Sallis shooting poorly in warmups. None of it mattered. Wake kept getting up off the mat."

A down note for such a big day, but I think something is wrong with Monsanto

It’s not that we haven’t seen him make every sort of shot before but he’s not been good when his first reaction is to pop one off the dribble. At least run a play to get him and open look off a catch and shoot. Seems like he’s really trying to force it.

It’s not that we haven’t seen him make every sort of shot before but he’s not been good when his first reaction is to pop one off the dribble. At least run a play to get him and open look off a catch and shoot. Seems like he’s really trying to force it.
His shot was a pretty good look

A down note for such a big day, but I think something is wrong with Monsanto
I felt like he did a great job not forcing shots and just a long recovery with a dynamic lineup that doesn't "need" him just yet .. I always notice that he plays really decent D and forces TOs with his pokes. He'll be fine.

Now that I’ve calmed down a little bit, here’s something from a student that stormed the court—

I don’t think Flip is hurt badly and I hope he isn’t, and it does look like he shoved and tripped the person in that video. The talk about the collision being “personal and intentional” is overblown. The fan that got pushed didn’t do anything wrong, and the gamebib guy didn’t do anything wrong. However, I’m not at all a fan of the brown jacket guy that love tapped or whatever Flip. Do what you want on the court storm but that doesn’t include putting your hands on the other players. I don’t think we should ban court storming and I think everyone’s pearl clutching a little too hard over this.

THAT BEING SAID, security absolutely fucking fumbled. I remember sitting as courtside as you can get without being actually courtside against Carolina last year, and they were roping sections of the court off in preparation for a rush that never came. Five minutes in advance. Security had two minutes of game time plus a TV timeout to do literally anything, but they didn’t. I agree that Duke probably could’ve handled getting their players off the court better, but ultimately that sits with security to prevent something like this from happening. I get that they’re paid and understaffed, but I don’t think they did even the bare minimum. They couldn’t even get everyone to stay off the court until the buzzer buzzed. There was a guy at the foul line before the clock went off.

Nobody’s at fault here and we certainly aren’t classless like the media is trying to spin this, but this definitely could’ve been avoided and I’m disappointed that our big win is gonna be marred in the eyes of others by this regardless of if Flop is hurt.

Anyways, fuck Duke. To hell and back. I’m glad we got the win and grateful for the atmosphere there today.

Last edited:
not that it'll matter to lunardi and all of the other number crunchers, but it's encouraging that we beat them when they played decently. not like we caught them with food poisoning from the pregame meal. shows we belong.

His shot was a pretty good look
Can't recall his specific shot today, just a general observation from the past few games. Regardless, hope he can get in a rhythm for the run-in cause it'd be a ton of fun to see him go off in the post-season.

Back