• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 27: Duke @ LJVM - Saturday 2 pm - ESPN

For what it’s worth Forbes didn’t like the court storming. Heres his quote to ESPN:
"I didn't see what happened in the end. I hope he's okay," said Forbes. "I don't like court stormings. I never have. I've been a part of those before. They just don't feel safe."

What are 3-4 ushers versus a thousand students supposed to do?
I'm not saying the ushers themselves could do anything different... They aren't animals, I'm sure a few "ropes" held up for seconds, and people would have waited.

All you fuckers calling him "Flip" like you're best buds is pissing me off. Is it really because you're just to lazy to type Kyle Fuckin' Filipowski?
Yeah it is

And now that I’ve thought about it more he had time to get off the court but opted for a Sunday stroll instead. Sucks that he might be hurt and I think it should’ve been avoided but he was the only Duke player that had that issue.

Flip just had to make it worse by saying it was "personal". Such a gutless, BS comment. No one is happy that the security was so lax and the kids got on the court so quickly. I hope he isn't really hurt and seriously doubt he is. But literally no one believes that the collision was intentional.
Duke played really well and we still beat them by playing even better - that should be the story! It was a great game played at a really high level, that should be the story. This Wake team that hasn't been ranked all year and hasn't even been listed as in the tourney is actually one of the best 20 teams in the country and one of the 5-10 best when playing at home, that should be the story.
I

For what it’s worth Forbes didn’t like the court storming. Heres his quote to ESPN:
"I didn't see what happened in the end. I hope he's okay," said Forbes. "I don't like court stormings. I never have. I've been a part of those before. They just don't feel safe."

I like Forbes, but this is LOWF bullshit. Don’t want court storming? Get a 1 beside your name and win every game. Best way to make sure nobody storms court. When you aren’t ranked and beat Duke, the court gets stormed. That’s just the way it is.

Proud of our team. Fuck these Duke pussies.

Flip just had to make it worse by saying it was "personal". Such a gutless, BS comment. No one is happy that the security was so lax and the kids got on the court so quickly. I hope he isn't really hurt and seriously doubt he is. But literally no one believes that the collision was intentional.
Duke played really well and we still beat them by playing even better - that should be the story! It was a great game played at a really high level, that should be the story. This Wake team that hasn't been ranked all year and hasn't even been listed as in the tourney is actually one of the best 20 teams in the country and one of the 5-10 best when playing at home, that should be the story.
I
I’m happy. Fuck duke. Wake students haven’t had anything to celebrate in hoops in forever.

I
Students rushing the court want to go celebrate with their freaking team, not injure opposing players. That’s the whole point of rushing. To meet your heroes, jump around with them, and if you’re lucky, get a selfie with them. That’s the Wake Forest way. That’s what this university and being a Demon Deacon is all about. Family. Pride. Winning. Go Deacs.

I hope Scheyer is just as annoyed by the motorcycle as K was.

deacon-hero-1024x427.jpg

Scheyer2.jpg
So it wasn't the motorcycle he was bothered by, but I was right that he'd get annoyed about something. Right down to showing some ScheyerFace

I
You can't blame him for lashing out after literally soiling himself in the melee. Yes, he may have slipped in a puddle of his own making- it looked like some of the Wake fans may have lost their footing as well- and that is why he thought he might have hurt himself, but when you make a mess in your Under Armor compression shorts, it's bound to feel personal.

I like Forbes, but this is LOWF bullshit. Don’t want court storming? Get a 1 beside your name and win every game. Best way to make sure nobody storms court. When you aren’t ranked and beat Duke, the court gets stormed. That’s just the way it is.

Proud of our team. Fuck these Duke pussies.
I don’t think it’s LOWF, I think it’s just the perspective of a guy who is a coaching lifer but never had the experience as a student cheering for a high level basketball program. His primary focus for his whole career has been on his staff and players, not on fans.

Back