• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 27: Duke @ LJVM - Saturday 2 pm - ESPN

“On behalf of Wake Forest, we sincerely regret the unfortunate on-court incident following this afternoon’s men’s basketball game and hope the involved Duke student-athlete is doing better. I called Duke Vice President and Director of Athletics Nina King and ACC Senior Associate Commissioner Paul Brazeau immediately after the game and expressed our sincere regret for the situation and our concern for the Duke student-athlete’s well-being. Although our event management staff and security had rehearsed postgame procedures to protect the visiting team and officials, we clearly must do better. I appreciate the postgame comments of Duke Head Coach Jon Scheyer and I am in complete agreement that something more must be done about the national phenomenon of court and field storming and Wake Forest looks forward to being a part of those conversations."
I like the turn of phrase in that first sentence because it can read as a sarcastic eye roll if you want it to. Personally, I would have thrown a little shade by replacing “this afternoon’s men’s basketball game” with “this afternoon’s 83-79 win over the (currently) 8th ranked Duke Blue Devils” but maybe that’s why I’m not an ACC Athletic Director.

No idea but you can ask him at the next home game. He’s in those seats game in, game out! He’s hardcore.
Yeah I see him there every game. I haven't made it back to NC for a game this year, but I'll see if I can roll up and banter next year. I'll bring a Deacon Brew down to initiate

RIP Kyle Filopowski. I’m sorry every other player on the Duke team hurried off the court after the buzzer but due to your lack of awareness, your body was sacrificed to the oncoming hoard of Wake students. Your sacrifice will not have been in vain. Because of you, one of the remaining spontaneous and fun things about college sports will be outlawed.

Does Filipowski initiate contact in all aspects of his life or does he limit it to the basketball court?

Switching gears, who was the Duke dude who rearranged Justin Gray's face?

Back