• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 27: Duke @ LJVM - Saturday 2 pm - ESPN

The more I watch this I find multiple things to probably be true. Looked to me like maybe Filipowski banged knees with someone. Would explain the reaction…its sudden pain and lingers.. get that. I also get him bowing up with people running around them. No issue with any player doing that.

not a huge fan of court storming because of things like this that could happen. But all the hand ringing like this is some sort of new phenomenon is bonkers. This has been happening for ages. Move on…it’s a non issue.

The Joel can be good for today and still a horrible arena for us. We played a listless game in a lifeless arena against VaTech when we were the number 1 team in the country. That cemented my view of the Joel as a horrible facility for us.
Agreed. The Joel is still too damn big for us. That talk goes away usually twice a year when UNC and Dooook come to town. Outside of that, it's too damn big. Needs to be 10k.

My only gripe is we let Duke take him out of the game at the end. They effectively denied him the ball except one possession where we drew the foul. If they were going to sell out to deny him the ball at all costs, even if it meant committing a foul, we need to force the issue and make them foul. That was a failure on our part and I was disappointed that we gabe away that advantage
It actually opened up the court for other players to have open lanes and shots and that's what enabled us to take the lead. Boopie, Carr, and Cam really shined in the last six minutes.

Hilarious that it was dukes veteran fourth year PG roach that turned the ball over two possessions in a row to help wake seal the game after the announcers talked about his experience and steady hand all day

Hilarious that it was dukes veteran fourth year PG roach that turned the ball over two possessions in a row to help wake seal the game after the announcers talked about his experience and steady hand all day

He never, ever gets riled. I think it was a different guy who gets up at the same time every single day. Maybe Roach needs to try that.

This is the part that really gets me when people say “oh he panicked that’s why he pushed him” dude everyone else on the court got the memo. I have no clue why he was lollygagging.
I will say my wife's cousin is a freshman at Wake and he sent me a video where he was on the third row of the student section....as soon as Cam gets the steal and even before the clock expires the floodgates start to open.

That being said it's clear the students intentionally tried to avoid him and no one personally attacked him like he cried about.

I see all these kids with their cell phones out videoing the storming while they are doing it too. Can't decide if that's a good thing to have a memory of it or a bad thing to not be able to be fully engaged in it. I lean the latter

Totally coordinated flip fumbles the pass on the possession that mattered.

Cam had that steal and another one on a backdoor cut. Throw in his clutch 3 and he really did win that game for us

We had some loud Duke fans up in 226. One very obnoxious dude who kept looking around waiting for someone to make eye contact with him after he yelled something.

When Reid took the jumper from the foul line the dude yelled “he can’t shoot!” When it went in I turned around, made sure we were making eye contact, and gave him a thumbs up.

Last edited:
We had some loud Duke fans up in 226. One very obnoxious dude who kept looking around waiting for someone to make eye contact with him after he yelled something.

When Reid took the jumper from the free throw line the dude yelled “he can’t shoot!” When it went in I turned around, made sure we were making eye contact, and gave him a thumbs up.
You gave him the wrong finger.

I will say my wife's cousin is a freshman at Wake and he sent me a video where he was on the third row of the student section....as soon as Cam gets the steal and even before the clock expires the floodgates start to open.

That being said it's clear the students intentionally tried to avoid him and no one personally attacked him like he cried about.

I see all these kids with their cell phones out videoing the storming while they are doing it too. Can't decide if that's a good thing to have a memory of it or a bad thing to not be able to be fully engaged in it. I lean the latter
It’s a new world. It may be the latter for you…but for anyone under 25, having that cell video memory is a far far better thing

ESPN headline story (on mobile at least) is about how a “dangerous” court storm overshadowed a big afternoon of college basketball. They also are sticking with the narrative that Filipowski was “injured” under the top headlines section. Has there at any point been actual evidence that he was injured other than the dramatics from Duke?

This. Let’s not act like this is a problem. We don’t need to take all the fun out of everything to embody the spirit of pro humanitate. Everything doesn’t need to be a national conversation. We won. They lost. A kid who didn’t want to lose, lost, and acted like an asshole when he was outnumbered by a lot. He may have gotten the bad end of that. Nobody actually got hurt. I fully expect he will play the next game and do well. The sun will rise tomorrow.

Next thing you know we will be worrying about the environmental impact of rolling the quad.

Enjoy the win. Win some more. Make a run in the post season. Shit happens. I remember when Justin Gray got his fucking jaw obliterated by a Duke Player in an obvious intentional act and had his mouth wired shut for several weeks. I don’t recall K saying anything meaningful after that. So, again, they can fuck off.
The Justin Gray situation is the perfect counter to all this.

ESPN headline story (on mobile at least) is about how a “dangerous” court storm overshadowed a big afternoon of college basketball. They also are sticking with the narrative that Filipowski was “injured” under the top headlines section. Has there at any point been actual evidence that he was injured other than the dramatics from Duke?
Nope. He is not injured but that’s the story everyone’s running with. When he plays their next game, they won’t redact that story

When Reid took the jumper from the foul line the dude yelled “he can’t shoot!” When it went in I turned around, made sure we were making eye contact, and gave him a thumbs up.

We were in 226 as well. Enjoy meeting boards folks. Next time

Back