• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 27: Duke @ LJVM - Saturday 2 pm - ESPN

Hell of a game today.

Sallis is truly special and is just getting better and better each game. He has to be an absolute nightmare to defend.
Cam was a persona non grata for me at halftime but he TOTALLY REDEEMED HIMSELF with that 2nd half performance, especially the last 10-12 mins or so. I don't always love his proclivity to put situations into his own hands but you have to respect his mental strength to just Keep. Going. At. It. He's relentless. No wonder it seems so many opposing players just obviously hate his face.
Carr just did great post work against Mitchell. That poor guy just couldn't do anything that mattered once Andrew got him to the low block.

And we just beat a, yes, overrated Duke team at home, so let's not start throwing a parade just yet, but we did this with our two sharp-shooters really not showing up off the bench today. That's kinda wild.

Lastly, our starting 5 is better than Duke's starting 5 and I don't even think it is debatable. We have more talent on the floor at the opening tip-off.
Carr dominating Mitchell on the post ups was hilarious.

Not NBA just like Flopowski not NBA.

Carr dominating Mitchell on the post ups was hilarious.

Not NBA just like Flopowski not NBA.

They just went at that Carr/Mitchell matchup repeatedly to start the second half. So awesome. Couldn’t believe Duke doubled on that with Filipowski several times and it led to a bunch of great looks.

They just went at that Carr/Mitchell matchup repeatedly to start the second half. So awesome. Couldn’t believe Duke doubled on that with Filipowski several times and it led to a bunch of great looks.
They have to double in the post. Not strong enough otherwise.

Is there any chance that the #narrative around this impacts our chances? The committee are humans after all, not just a bunch of computers !

Scheyer talked about this in his postgame press conference. He essentially said that we forced an adjustment and then, once they started doubling, we made the passes and hit the shots that punish the double.

Essentially, they couldn't force turnovers, so they either gave up post scoring or perimeter scoring. The fact that we only had 6 TOs on 60% shooting is incredible.

I will say my wife's cousin is a freshman at Wake and he sent me a video where he was on the third row of the student section....as soon as Cam gets the steal and even before the clock expires the floodgates start to open.

That being said it's clear the students intentionally tried to avoid him and no one personally attacked him like he cried about.

I see all these kids with their cell phones out videoing the storming while they are doing it too. Can't decide if that's a good thing to have a memory of it or a bad thing to not be able to be fully engaged in it. I lean the latter
I missed the 2nd half and was just following the score at JPJ. Didn't find out about the court storming until I got home. My 1st thought was WTF? We were slight home favorites against the #8 team in the country. What the hell are you doing storming the court for just a better than average victory? It's not like you're a bad team beating the #1 team in the country, so I see it as being pretty lame. And I appreciated Forbes post-game comments. My 2nd thought was where the hell was the security? I've seen a couple of court stormings here, and security did a good job protecting the visiting team. The lack of security isn't a great reflection on Wake and the ACC. My 3rd thought was Filipowski is such a hateable Dukie. Dude, I'm sorry you have a sprained ankle, but nobody was intentionally trying to hurt you. I watched the video a few times. The 1st person who made slight contact did turn towards him and was maybe mocking him but wasn't trying to hurt him. The 2nd person was just running recklessly. Caitlyn Clark never alleged the tOSU fans were trying to hurt her. Dude, you're 6'11". Grow a pair and make a better effort at getting off the court quicker like Clark was trying to do. At the next Duke game the announcers will be talking about how brave Filipowski is. Fuck that narrative.

Students stormed the court for the same reason it was the biggest crowd of the Steve Forbes era and our first sellout in years. We haven’t had a game against a hated opponent with the stakes this high this late in the season in a long long time. And the current students have not had an opportunity for a big court storming win during their whole school career.

Props to John Currie.

I really hope that isn’t the last time Duke plays a basketball game in Winston-Salem.
We hope so too. We would hate for your next stint at the drunk farm to not include a Duke game in Winston. Your sports television privileges up there are probably pretty limited as it is.

Is there any chance that the #narrative around this impacts our chances? The committee are humans after all, not just a bunch of computers !
I guess it could affect seeding but we are in unless we do something stupid (lose to Ga Tech & Norte Dame).

It’s is a shame this is overshadowing a really big win for our guys and fans. Andrew Carrs second half is something I will remember for a long time.

Last edited:
Students stormed the court for the same reason it was the biggest crowd of the Steve Forbes era and our first sellout in years. We haven’t had a game against a hated opponent with the stakes this high this late in the season in a long long time. And the current students have not had an opportunity for a big court storming win during their whole school career.
I'm in the camp that stormings need to be banned at this point. But if you're gonna have them, at least reserve them for games where you're a yuge underdog against 1 of the top few teams in the country, not a game where you're a favorite. I get it was a big game against a good and hated opponent, but the storming and lack of security are a big black eye for Wake and the ACC this morning.

lol, the ESPN write up is surprisingly even handed and kind of calls bullshit on him despite whatever their headline writers want them to say.

They really should leave these theatrics to professional wrestlers. They are FAR better at this.

Back