• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 27: Duke @ LJVM - Saturday 2 pm - ESPN

Great win for Forbes and the team. I had to watch a recording, and it stopped with 2 mins left, so I missed the very end.

I was impressed with the quality of play and overall intensity of the game. Duke brought it, and lost.

The atmosphere sounded and looked amazing on TV, best I can remember at the Joel in a long time. I am not even sure if the Dino era had that, tbh. It reminded me of the 2006 Duke home game.

Great win for Forbes and the team. I had to watch a recording, and it stopped with 2 mins left, so I missed the very end.

I was impressed with the quality of play and overall intensity of the game. Duke brought it, and lost.

The atmosphere sounded and looked amazing on TV, best I can remember at the Joel in a long time. I am not even sure if the Dino era had that, tbh. It reminded me of the 2006 Duke home game.
Yep was just coming to comment on the atmosphere. I was at the game, as I've been every Wake/Duke game In Winston over the past 35 years, sans a couple.

Recorded the game and watched it this morning. I give a lot of credit to the announcers hyping up our program. Talking about us being BACK, and taking about how this is the best atmosphere you will see in college basketball this week. Was very complimentary and you can definitely feel that Forbes and the guys are starting to get the recognition they've earned.

So many great things and then an unfortunate incident on the court. I'm not going to allow Flip and the court storm change the vibes at all. I'm confident this team can finish 3-1 at worst from here and find themselves as a 10 or 11 seed, avoiding the first 4. Sallis is a DAWG.

The link to that Wake page is ridiculous. I'm a little sick and tired of the lies and distortions out of the Duke camp and its wholly owned media subsdiary ESPN.

There's no way to reasonably infer from the video replay that ANY Wake fan tried to hurt any Duke player. Apart from the one head slap by the kid trailing the one who had the initial contact, which looked pretty slight and which for all we know was to help get Flip out of the way of others, the video shows only accidental jostling.

Maybe Currie/Wake need to think about some defamation threats against the clowns saying that Duke players were "assaulted" and/or punched/kicked/tripped by Wake students. It didn't happen.

Not to mention Lunardi and others saying we weren’t a tourney team, while ironically being favored to beat the #8 team in the nation. It all combined for a rabid environment.
Lunardi had us as his First Team Out as of Saturday morning. I assume he has us in now, lol.

ESPN headline story (on mobile at least) is about how a “dangerous” court storm overshadowed a big afternoon of college basketball. They also are sticking with the narrative that Filipowski was “injured” under the top headlines section. Has there at any point been actual evidence that he was injured other than the dramatics from Duke?
They really need to be called out on this and Currie needs to make sure it happens.

We were slight home favorites against the #8 team in the country. What the hell are you doing storming the court for just a better than average victory?
Feel like this is a pretty good time to put out the reminder that no undergraduate student at Wake has seen us in the tournament or win a game with stakes, at all. In any sport.

Security did fumble, though. No doubt about that one and I’m genuinely not sure what they were doing.

Feel like this is a pretty good time to put out the reminder that no undergraduate student at Wake has seen us in the tournament or win a game with stakes, at all.

Security did fumble, though.
You guys were the heroes yesterday. You bright energy I haven't seen in that building in 15 years. Please try to keep it Rolling as best as you can for GT and Clemson. Both are crucial for punching our ticket to the tournament.

We really need our Florida gators to finish as a Q1 win for us. Will probably take 3 to guarantee we are in. So that would be Duke, UF, and either Clemson or @VT

Back