• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 28: @ ND - Tuesday 9 pm - ACCN

I think if Monsanto is going to have any chance of being an impact player down the stretch he’s going to need to have a good game tonight. It sets up perfectly for him: should get decent mins because of tired wake starters and he’s playing against a good defense/bad offense combo. I hope he plays well tonight.
I'd like to build a lead and get Monstanto some quality play time.

I watched the end of ND-Syracuse on Saturday. ND has their own version of Damari. He must be the coach's son as it appears they have same last name. But the kid can really shoot from deep.

First ten minutes of this one are critical, considering ND's pace makes it impossible for them to play from behind effectively.

If we come out firing, I expect this to be a blowout and an easy win. If the game is still close after about ten minutes, I expect it to be a rock fight

ND seems like a team where our defensive strategy of running them off the 3 point line and making them take long 2s would be effective.

First ten minutes of this one are critical, considering ND's pace makes it impossible for them to play from behind effectively.

If we come out firing, I expect this to be a blowout and an easy win. If the game is still close after about ten minutes, I expect it to be a rock fight

They played pretty effectively from behind on Saturday.

They played pretty effectively from behind on Saturday.
Well Syracuse allowed a ND team that has only hit 10+ three pointers in three other games this season to make 10 threes in the second half alone. A second half that started with a 20 point Cuse lead.

Feels incredibly unlikely that ND would replicate that performance against Wake

I'm probably being pessimistic, but I think this one is close the whole way. Just a classic trap game.

Take away Shrewsberry's air space and play solid D otherwise. ND struggles to score. If they don't have easy buckets, should be a win.

And Pilch, I've copyrighted the term "rock fight", so please respect my copyright.

Well Syracuse allowed a ND team that has only hit 10+ three pointers in three other games this season to make 10 threes in the second half alone. A second half that started with a 20 point Cuse lead.

Feels incredibly unlikely that ND would replicate that performance against Wake
Well wake specializes in giving up second half leads on the road. I don’t understand metrics or the path but figure this is a game a tournament team should win by double digits.

Can’t figure out Monsanto. Dude came back like a sniper and shot worse than I would the last three games. Is it a mental thing?

Think this could be a big Pfred game. Getting a little extra minutes coming off a big Duke W where our starters logged high minutes. He may be a bit fresher on a short turnaround.

Should be a cake walk. Looking for Hunter to score another 30+ before rotating some of the other guys in for the rest of the game with us up by 15-20 for the final 10 minutes of clock time.

Wouldn't it be nice for the game to come down to a three point shooting contest between Parker and Damari!

Other thing about Monsanto is that he can only really defend the 4 so he is only coming in to spell Carr. Carr is playing so well that there just aren’t a lot of minutes for Monsanto to get in the shooting groove

Back