• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 28: @ ND - Tuesday 9 pm - ACCN

Which is why it would be good to get a working lead so Carr doesn't have to play more than 25-30 minutes.

Other thing about Monsanto is that he can only really defend the 4 so he is only coming in to spell Carr. Carr is playing so well that there just aren’t a lot of minutes for Monsanto to get in the shooting groove
I'm hoping that this is a game in which we have enough of a lead to give Monsanto some minutes at the 3 and see what happens.

I imagine that his lateral quickness is still too big of an issue to do it, but if he could just give us 5 minutes a game there it would be nice.

Which is why it would be good to get a working lead so Carr doesn't have to play more than 25-30 minutes.
Carr is too good to play 25-30 minutes. He does all of the little things that make everything around him work. And he's our top +/- on the season excluding the 5 games in the bottom 100 as a result.

We are +9.9/40 with him on. -6.0/40 with him off, for a difference of 15.9/40.

Take the 2 NC State games as a perfect example:
ON: 74:17, +10
OFF: 5:43, -13

I'm hoping that this is a game in which we have enough of a lead to give Monsanto some minutes at the 3 and see what happens.

I imagine that his lateral quickness is still too big of an issue to do it, but if he could just give us 5 minutes a game there it would be nice.
I'm thinking it could work even in a closer game if ND plays their 3 big starters that all can't shoot the 3.

Damari is in a tough spot, but he is so due for a big game. I hope it happens tonight. I thought maybe we would see it against Duke, but you just can’t take out Carr with how impactful he was for most of that game. That said, I do think we hedge too far up on ball screens sometimes which is what leads to tough close outs on shooters and staying in front of the dribble drive. Damari would have a hard time outside of the half court defense as he’s still recovering from injury, but I think he can guard the three if we handle the switches well enough. Let’s get an early lead and give Damari a chance to fire some shots. We are going to need him down the stretch.

Carr is too good to play 25-30 minutes. He does all of the little things that make everything around him work. And he's our top +/- on the season excluding the 5 games in the bottom 100 as a result.

We are +9.9/40 with him on. -6.0/40 with him off, for a difference of 15.9/40.

Take the 2 NC State games as a perfect example:
ON: 74:17, +10
OFF: 5:43, -13
Kinda amazing that Carr is probably Wake's second best player statistically, and a lot of Wake fans might rank him last out of the starters in terms of importance to the team.

I think he's incredibly underrated, and I kinda hope he can find a spot on one of the All ACC teams somewhere.

Kinda amazing that Carr is probably Wake's second best player statistically, and a lot of Wake fans might rank him last out of the starters in terms of importance to the team.

I think he's incredibly underrated, and I kinda hope he can find a spot on one of the All ACC teams somewhere.

I agree. I think part of it is that, other than height, he doesn't have any skills that are elite. Instead, he's very well rounded. He's a good defender, good rebounder, good shooter both inside and out, good passer, good shot blocker, etc.

So when you think about Carr, you think he's good. However, being good at, well, everything, makes you a very complete player.

I agree. I think part of it is that, other than height, he doesn't have any skills that are elite. Instead, he's very well rounded. He's a good defender, good rebounder, good shooter both inside and out, good passer, good shot blocker, etc.

So when you think about Carr, you think he's good. However, being good at, well, everything, makes you a very complete player.
Being good at everything makes for a great college player. Not being elite at anything will keep him out of the NBA.

Would love to see us start this game the way we started the 2nd half against Duke. Focus on getting Carr the ball inside, let him work the high/low with Reid, then go outside from there. I think we work better that way against solid defensive teams instead of going for one-on-one guard moves. Well, except for Sallis, green light from anywhere for him.

I'm not sure this is true. I think most, myself included, would say he is top 2 or 3. Not sure what his +/- is, but eye test for me is that we play so much better with him on the floor, probably compared to any one other individual.

Yeah Carr is maybe the most important pice for the starters. He is our best low post scorer and spreads the floor for Reid. He isn’t the most athletic, and can be beat by athletic combo forwards but a huge piece to keep this team rolling.

Carr has a great ability to get a post up despite catching the ball 15-17 feet from the basket.

Carr has a great ability to get a post up despite catching the ball 15-17 feet from the basket.

The only one else on the team able to do this is Cam…if he was just a few inches taller!

Carr is sneaky good posting up. I think he surprises defenders with how physical he is with his back to the basket.

The only one else on the team able to do this is Cam…if he was just a few inches taller!

And Cam doesn’t post him nearly as much as he used to.

Back