• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 3: Utah Utes - Thursday 9 pm - Charleston Classic Quarter-Final ESPNU

Every coach has deficiencies. we just lost by 7 in a game we were five point underdogs. Down to 8 playable players on the roster. Nobody in the front court. Jesus fucking Christ y’all.

Every coach has deficiencies. we just lost by 7 in a game we were five point underdogs. Down to 8 playable players on the roster. Nobody in the front court. Jesus fucking Christ y’all.
Jesus fucking Christ to feeling like we might not even make the stupid fucking tournament again in my lifetime. We should be pissed.

Lulz, so we didnt even cover and you think that is a win...you realize the 5 point dogs accounted for us only having 8 players...

Its not all Forbes. No Monsanto. No Efton. Hell, even no Marsh. That really makes a difference.
Yeah, but year 4 and we’re already behind a big 8 ball to get to the tourney and we ain’t even had the Thanksgiving turkey yet. We’ve shit on Clawson all year, but Forbes has yet to do anything compared to what Clawson has done.

Agree. This is the fourth year. I don't how many years some folks want to give him.
Ya, there are plenty of excuses but at some point you just need to win. Can’t keep coming up with different reasons the team constantly falls just short.

Yea, both sides are right I’m afraid. We’re not making the tournament this year, and even still we’re not going to get a better coach than Forbes. This just is what it is now, gang.

Another meaningless season. 0-2 versus two decent power 5 teams shows our level. Reid and Monsanto would’ve likely won us this game tonight if they were able to play but with what we have now, we are not very good.
Take two top players off most teams and they aren't going to be very good. Wake is missing three. Even though a bunch on here don't like Marsh, he converted a lot of lobs into points. Opposing defenses had to account for that.

Dominate the next two games and then take down UF and Rutgers and we still have a shot if we can avoid tragedies in league play. The lights are dimmed but not out.

The problem I have with this narrative is that we were up by 10 at that half and looked absolutely incompetent for extended stretches in the second half.

Back