• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 3: Utah Utes - Thursday 9 pm - Charleston Classic Quarter-Final ESPNU

Mostly put back or lob dunks that probably are hard to get when you’ve playing a team with 2 guys in there as tall as Marsh.
Hard to get when playing 2 7 footers and even harder when you appear incapable of penetrating the zone to set up the lob.

Not being able to retain Bobi is also on Forbes btw. You think that would have happened at Duke? At Carolina?

Gee, what do those programs have that we don't? And Klintman's sleezy agent isn't on Forbes.

Looks like tomorrow's game is at 7. Interestingly, both winner's bracket games are in the afternoon (2 & 4:30 pm).

We damn well better beat towson tomorrow.
If we go 2-0 against Towson and UNT/Dayton I’d say we’re still in it. Yeah we should’ve won this, but Utah is still a very good team.

Everyone ought to chill out on the Forbes credibility talk. Yeah close doesn’t cut it but we’ve been one piece away (that seems to change every year) and comically unlucky as a bubble team these past couple years. He’s gotten us that far and I trust we’ll turn the corner soon enough

If we go 2-0 against Towson and UNT/Dayton I’d say we’re still in it. Yeah we should’ve won this, but Utah is still a very good team.

Everyone ought to chill out on the Forbes credibility talk. Yeah close doesn’t cut it but we’ve been one piece away (that seems to change every year) and comically unlucky as a bubble team these past couple years. He’s gotten us that far and I trust we’ll turn the corner soon enough
He’s gotten longer than most coaches would’ve gotten

You add Monsanto and Reid to this roster and we’re a really good team.

Unfortunately, there’s no guarantee of either.
Unfortunately this seems to be a theme with Forbes teams. "If Jake would have just come back", or "Mucius would have be perfect for this team" or, "if Monsanto doesn't get hurt Bobi would have been back"......its like we are always using the what if's, and it sucks.

He’s gotten longer than most coaches would’ve gotten
That’s true, but I feel like we’ve been a lot more on the fence than we were immediately before Forbes. That’s worth something. In 2022 iirc almost everything that needed to happen to keep us out of the tournament happened, and in 2023 we had a myriad of games where making one or two more shots would’ve gave us the win and at minimum an NIT birth. He’s gotten a lot more leeway than he would at other places but I feel like it’s deserved. The dominoes gotta fall eventually

*Dayton came back and beat LSU, so its them vs UNT

Year 1 was a throwaway
Year 2 was exciting and unexpected
Year 3 was a letdown
I hardly think throwing out the first coach to make my loins tingle with our limited rotation is warranted after 3 games. Let’s see how this year goes. If not an absolute abomination, he will have the reins next year too.
5 years with no dancing shoes and then his seat is sweaty.

Making the NCAA tournament seems to be a basic benchmark for any major conference coach. Our odds of making the tournament this season are already low (I think Numbers quoted them on another thread). How many more season do we give Forbes if we don't make the tournament this season? I would say he gets one more year to make the tournament. Curious what others think. Seems like some are ready to get rid of him now. Others seem very comfortable with the current state of the program. Sorry if this belongs on the credibility thread.

Brutal loss, and you could see it coming. Just horrendous half court defense. No other way to say it. So many open looks with VERY little effort from Utah. Really basic shit. Marsh is no defensive stalwart, but Keller was awful, and I don't think his offensive flashes offset what a good hard Marsh foul might have done to the game. That's another thing-- all our fouls were vaginal in nature. Not that they were ticky tack (some were), but foul a man if you're going to foul him.

Cam disappeared completely in the second half. He was Ginger Jordan in the first half, and me in the second half. Confounding.

Three games in and there is room to make noise in league play, but that seems contingent on a transfer and Monsanto. Otherwise, NIT is the best we can hope for. Sucks for the guys, sucks for Forbes.

I expected to lose this game, but Wake being Wake, we lost it in the most Wake way possible. I want to throw up.
Vaginal in nature 😂

Back