• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 3: Utah Valley Wolverines - Tuesday 7 pm - ACCN+

That Tenn pick reminds me of the superdome when I went to a game there. Much bigger stage obviously, but the lighting really highlighted the field perfectly I thought it was awesome.

I don't know what it takes to make it happen, but I wish we had lighting like Tennessee has. Other places have it too, but I live in a split house (WF/Tenn) and pay closer attention to Tennessee than some other teams. But on TV, there's no lighting over the seats necessarily except for the spotlights effect they use. But the court is the central focus and everything else is background during the action. During timeouts, play stoppage, camera panning, etc you can see the crowd, no problem. Here's the best example I could find off the cuff. They make the floor pop with the lighting.

View attachment 1943
#DonaldRoss Bat Signal

Thought Pilch made some good points earlier in the thread. Bradford’s absence in the second half was notable, particularly given how good he played against Georgia. He more than held his own against SEC bigs in that game, so I’m apt to think it was just a bad matchup against UVU.

I haven’t looked at Monsanto’s +/- numbers, but my hunch is that he’s well in the negative. Perhaps it is a downside of the amount of weight he lost, but it seems to me that he’s getting pushed around defensively and on the glass, and he’s certainly not scoring enough to cover those mistakes. He’s going to have to work it out, though, because he’s still really important to what we need to do.

Appleby is quickly becoming indispensable. He looks like mini-Alondes out there. The whole team just works better when he is on the floor. I also agree that we need Ituka back ASAP to help with the minutes at guard.

I think both Keller and Klintman have very bright futures ahead of them. The amount of maturing they do between now and March will go a long way in determining whether this will be an NCAA Tournament team or not.

People are all on that Monsanto train and that's fine. But Bobi is really an example of a guy doing a lot of things quietly within the flow of the game. He has a really high ceiling. Not sure if the athleticism is there yet but he has the length and smoothness in movement of an NBA player.

Maybe I'm making this up, but I swear I remember the Joel had basically stage lighting for the court for a year or two in the past decade, but it doesn't appear to be that way anymore.

I thought for sure they would have come up with something to deal with the advertising/light reflections on the parquet after last year, but I guess not. It makes it a tough watch even excluding whatever third rate camera work/definition we get.

I do like that Evan and Stan are basically our personal announcing team, though.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm making this up, but I swear I remember the Joel had basically stage lighting for the court for a year or two in the past decade, but it doesn't appear to be that way anymore.

I only made it the Miami game last year and IDK if it's bad memory because it was a beautiful sunny day that I wasted inside watching that terrible loss, but I remember being struck by how dark it was in the lower bowl vs. the court

I don't mind the parquet in person but it does look terrible on tv, especially the ACCNX broadcasts. The ACCN feed was far better, but the production was a disaster. I'd rather watch the low-lit, slightly grainy ACCNX broadcast every game this year than ever watch whatever the Georgia game was. I almost turned it off because it was making me nauseous.

J Mikes is king of the cold subs, but I don't think the hot subs are very good. Additionally, it's pretty damn hard to find a good cheesesteak anywhere. Putters is better than anywhere I've been in the Raleigh area.
RIP Anvil's.

I don't mind the parquet in person but it does look terrible on tv, especially the ACCNX broadcasts. The ACCN feed was far better, but the production was a disaster. I'd rather watch the low-lit, slightly grainy ACCNX broadcast every game this year than ever watch whatever the Georgia game was. I almost turned it off because it was making me nauseous.
I still want to know what the fuck was going on with that Georgia game. I've watched millions of CBB games and never seen anywhere close to that. I really do think there was some film student director trying to shake up the traditional broadcast and used a low-ratings game to try it out on.

They can’t do that with our fan base or risk stumbling lawsuits.

I’m finding our WF is too mustard yellow, and I don’t know if that’s the color of the paint, the coloring of the tv, or just me.

I still want to know what the fuck was going on with that Georgia game. I've watched millions of CBB games and never seen anywhere close to that. I really do think there was some film student director trying to shake up the traditional broadcast and used a low-ratings game to try it out on.
Before nearly every game was ‘broadcast’ we had a few games with just cameras and crowd noise. IIRC they had at least one view from floor level.

Back